Dev & Alice - any radio presenters worse than this pair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've accepted that the Beeb's politically correct drive to be more inclusive now means we have strange combinations of joint presenters on the radio (there's also a late night threesome somewhere in the schedules) but...

... these two are utterly inane and their witterings appeared to be aimed at 5 year olds.

Are there any worse presenters on radio than these two?

I know I don't have to listen to them but I quite like R1's playlist of popular music.

D

Deleted member 26715

I know I don't have to listen to them but I quite like R1's playlist of popular music.
R1 I didn't know it still existed, has that young Blackburn fella moved on yet?

Then there's that horrible Saturday afternoon threesome with Dylan or Rylan or something, his husband and his mother. The latter two are not officially on air but they may as well be, they get mentioned so often. Utterly inane.
They're on directly after the brilliant Paul Gambatini, so the difference in quality is very noticeable.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
If you don't mind burning through your mobile data there's an annoyingly endless choice of radio to listen to on the internet, but I still tune in to BBC radio 1 from time to time, don't mind Clara Amfo and Scott Mills but I can't deal with Grimmy... I remember being a teenager listening to the Friday Night Rock show (Tommy Vance) followed by John Peel, until Pete Tong came along and changed everything..

Last edited:
OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
If you don't mind burning through your mobile data there's an annoyingly endless choice of radio to listen to on the internet, but I still tune in to BBC radio 1 from time to time, don't mind Clara Amfo and Scott Mills but I can't deal with Grimmy... I remember being a teenager listening to the Friday Night Rock show (Tommy Vance) followed by John Peel, until Pete Tong came along and changed everything..

I quite like Clara but 'Grimmy' is indeed dire. An egotistical, sleazy presenter imo and simply not funny.

Apparently the target audience for R1 is 15-29 years of age - which is surely a strangely broad demographic. If someone in their 20's is laughing at sing along sat nav (one of today's 'funny' features) then I despair for them.

Can't stand R2 as it has dreadful music on it most of the time.

Smudge

Veteran
Stopped listening to R1 in the late 90's and migrated to R2. But hardly ever listen to that these days, worst of the worst has to be that twunt Steve Wright.
Thankfully we have DAB for BBC6 music, Planet Rock, Union Jack, 80's & 90's stations and others i dip into.
I also have an internet radio and occasionally dip into stations around the world.

Top Bottom