Di2, gears shifting doesn't work if there is no battery. :-):-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good evening,

Monday and Tuesday were hot in my area so I commuted on the bike with a rack, on Wednesday I got the fun bike out, did a hundred yards and the gears wouldn't shift so I went back home, got the Halfords Carrera out of the shed and thinking that the battery had gone flat I would fix it when I got home.

I went to work, came home and went to the release the battery, .... and there wasn't one!

Where did my battery go?

They are held in with a lever that you have to release and then a push button that you have to press to remove it.

I am sort of glad that I wasn't the idiot who had forgotten to charge it, but surely no-one who knows how to steal one would?

Bye

Ian

C R

Guru
If there's a black market of catalytic converters, there must be a black market of Di2 batteries.

Alex321

Veteran
Good evening,

Monday and Tuesday were hot in my area so I commuted on the bike with a rack, on Wednesday I got the fun bike out, did a hundred yards and the gears wouldn't shift so I went back home, got the Halfords Carrera out of the shed and thinking that the battery had gone flat I would fix it when I got home.

I went to work, came home and went to the release the battery, .... and there wasn't one!

Where did my battery go?

They are held in with a lever that you have to release and then a push button that you have to press to remove it.

I am sort of glad that I wasn't the idiot who had forgotten to charge it, but surely no-one who knows how to steal one would?

Well people would - just because they are cyclists doesn't necessarily mean they are decent people :sad:

But if the bike was working last time you used it, and it has been in your property since, then it seems very unlikely somebody would have just stolen the battery, having broken in.

Are you sure you hadn't previously taken it out to charge, then forgotten about it?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You take a Di2 battery out to charge it?

Top Bottom