Di2, gears shifting doesn't work if there is no battery. :-):-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
@TerryDi2 liked your post. He was just known as @terry until yesterday. Just sayin’.

Good morning,

If I did remove it to charge it, I have not only forgotten that I did that. but also where I put it as it is not in the charger and I don't have a fridge. :smile::smile::smile::smile: ....... and the TV doesn't come apart.

The really odd thing was that it was on the small ring and the second smallest sprocket, not a combination that I would normally use, so I am certain that someone broke in, went for a ride and then returned it sans battery without nicking anything. The only other possible explanation was that I rode it to the pub and have forgotten things.:wacko:

This means that I should check the bathroom; go to the pub, remove the battery, come home desperate for the toilet so put the battery on the cistern where it falls off. Yup, that does sound like something that I might do, unfortunately so does it falling in and being flushed away.

You take a Di2 battery out to charge it?
I've got an old one where the battery lives underneath the downtube, there's a pic at https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/how-much-bike-do-i-really-need-a-6-month-experiment.284154/

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
The only other possible explanation was that I rode it to the pub and have forgotten things.
This means that I should check the bathroom; go to the pub, remove the battery, come home desperate for the toilet so put the battery on the cistern where it falls off. Yup, that does sound like something that I might do, unfortunately so does it falling in and being flushed away.
Bye
Ian

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Good evening,

It will be in his Ice Tower, or ice cellar. I'm surprised he has Di2 and no fridge.

It's a question of priorities. :laugh:

More seriously when the last one broke I didn't replace it immediately, I then realised that most of the things I was putting into the fridge were doing fine being kept in a cool area anyway!

What did surprise me was the very short life, off by the end of the next day, of frozen veg, I used to buy the mixed vegetables as I struggled with eating the whole of things like broccoli and cauliflower before they started to go off. Primarily this is because they are horrible, but also because I use all of them not discarding the leaves or stem.

Although not terribly worried about it I do try and hit the 30 different fruit and veg portions per week, this means that I don't buy a lot of anything but nothings of lots:smile:.

There are things like milk, I use coffee mate and eggs, which I have never bought, that require a fridge, but things like cheese and butter, along with frozen items such as Bernard Matthews Hamwich are fine if you buy them on a Saturday and eat them by the end of Monday.

Instead of shopping once on a Saturday and a small mid week top-up I do 2/3 shops per week, as I pass an Asda on the way home there is only a very small time penalty.

If last Monday/Tuesday were to become the norm, then I would have to get a new one, but we are coming up to autumn again and only had 2 hot days.

Bye

Ian

Good evening,

It's a question of priorities. :laugh:

More seriously when the last one broke I didn't replace it immediately, I then realised that most of the things I was putting into the fridge were doing fine being kept in a cool area anyway!

What did surprise me was the very short life, off by the end of the next day, of frozen veg, I used to buy the mixed vegetables as I struggled with eating the whole of things like broccoli and cauliflower before they started to go off. Primarily this is because they are horrible, but also because I use all of them not discarding the leaves or stem.

Although not terribly worried about it I do try and hit the 30 different fruit and veg portions per week, this means that I don't buy a lot of anything but nothings of lots:smile:.

There are things like milk, I use coffee mate and eggs, which I have never bought, that require a fridge, but things like cheese and butter, along with frozen items such as Bernard Matthews Hamwich are fine if you buy them on a Saturday and eat them by the end of Monday.

Instead of shopping once on a Saturday and a small mid week top-up I do 2/3 shops per week, as I pass an Asda on the way home there is only a very small time penalty.

If last Monday/Tuesday were to become the norm, then I would have to get a new one, but we are coming up to autumn again and only had 2 hot days.

Bye

Ian

The Hamwich is back ??
That's the food of the gods. Where do you buy that ?

Alex321

Veteran
What did surprise me was the very short life, off by the end of the next day, of frozen veg,
They are intended to be kept frozen, and you just take out the amount you need each time.
There are things like milk, I use coffee mate and eggs, which I have never bought, that require a fridge,
Eggs don't need a fridge. In fact they are better kept NOT refrigerated.

That's why they are sold in the standard isles, not the chilled aisles in the supermarkets.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
What's the lead time on a replacement Di2 battery? Is it like car parts, which are being stolen to order to repair other vehicles, because no-one can give a delivery date for a legitimate part?

vickster

Legendary Member

Is it a 6 day week where you are or do you not eat fruit and veg on a Sunday?

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

Alex321

Veteran
Is it a 6 day week where you are or do you not eat fruit and veg on a Sunday?

He isn't talking about the "5 a day" that is recommended here. He is saying he wants to have 30 different portions - i.e. At least one of 30 different types of fruit/veg.

I have no idea why, but if it is what he wants to aim for, there is no reason not to.

Top Bottom