1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diabetic snacks?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Arch, 7 Nov 2007.

1. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I'm off to my sister's for Christmas, and had vague ideas of making some home made sweets to take - peppermint creams maybe.

My bro-in-law's Mum will be there too, and she's diabetic so I'm guessing a sweet made mostly of icing sugar won't be any good for her...

Any suggestions of sweet things I could make that she could also enjoy? Savouries as well - but they must travel well, I'm going down on the train... I love a Christmas with all the trimmings - you know the bag of mixed nuts you never eat etc

Whether I actually get round to all this of course.... I'm already planning knitted presents. It's a good thing I'm out of a job at the moment!

2. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Have a good trip and contact us in the New Year. :biggrin:

3. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

4. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Oh dear Arch. No more bones for you then? :biggrin:

5. purpleR

purpleR Senior Member

You can buy brazil nuts in their shells again now, haven't seen them for a few years. I think they were banned after a fungus poisonous to humans was found in the shells. Or something. Anyway, they're back, yay!

6. OP
    OP
    Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Not yet, fool.... Just thinking ahead...

26x25: Well, I can hang out up here amoung the bones and earn the odd few pounds but the main part of this job is done and I'm sort of drifting until I run out of rent money and have to do something. Like finish the PhD. And get a real job.

Ain't skeered: Cheers, I'll have a look...

purpleR: yeah, and they are the toughest ones to crack!