diabetic snacks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm off to my sister's for Christmas, and had vague ideas of making some home made sweets to take - peppermint creams maybe.

My bro-in-law's Mum will be there too, and she's diabetic so I'm guessing a sweet made mostly of icing sugar won't be any good for her...

Any suggestions of sweet things I could make that she could also enjoy? Savouries as well - but they must travel well, I'm going down on the train... I love a Christmas with all the trimmings - you know the bag of mixed nuts you never eat etc

Whether I actually get round to all this of course.... I'm already planning knitted presents. It's a good thing I'm out of a job at the moment!

Arch said:
I'm off to my sister's for Christmas,

Have a good trip and contact us in the New Year. :biggrin:

purpleR

Guru
Arch said:
I love a Christmas with all the trimmings - you know the bag of mixed nuts you never eat etc

You can buy brazil nuts in their shells again now, haven't seen them for a few years. I think they were banned after a fungus poisonous to humans was found in the shells. Or something. Anyway, they're back, yay!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
Have a good trip and contact us in the New Year. :biggrin:

Not yet, fool.... Just thinking ahead...

26x25: Well, I can hang out up here amoung the bones and earn the odd few pounds but the main part of this job is done and I'm sort of drifting until I run out of rent money and have to do something. Like finish the PhD. And get a real job.

Ain't skeered: Cheers, I'll have a look...

purpleR: yeah, and they are the toughest ones to crack!

Top Bottom