1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diana and The Mall

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by skwerl, 31 Aug 2007.

1. skwerl

skwerl New Member

Usually, I've no time for this country's obsession with Diana. Daily Express - get a grip. Hopefully, now 10 years have elapsed, things will calm down but I doubt it.

Anyway, today I was glad because they've closed the Mall but left a nice gap in the concrete barriers for bikes.

Anyone else head down there this morning? It was great. I cycled down the wrong side of the road just for the hell of it.

The only time it comes close to closed is on a Sunday but then you get lemming tourists wandering into the road without looking so it's no fun

2. fisha

fisha Well-Known Member

I think people need to get a grip with the Diana rubbish. She's gone, get over it.

Its a complete over-reaction and time it was quashed.

3. OP
    OP
    skwerl

skwerl New Member

yeah but at least today we had the Mall to ourselves and there was a major traffic jam where the road had been closed ;)

4. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Never understood this obsession with Diana, what it all about? Bring on the Republic...

5. fisha

fisha Well-Known Member

yup - fair point skwerl, sounds like you have a decent run in for once.

i wont show you my commute.

6. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Interestingly it is Fayed and the Express keeping it going!

One of the main factors preventing the investigation under French Law is the ridiculous stalling tactics employed by Fayed and his legal team to keep the investigation form happening.

7. mikeitup

mikeitup Senior Member

She's dead??

When???

8. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

I did!

Ya can't beat the old uns eh ?

10. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

a fair collection there eh :biggrin:

11. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Somebody should tell Fayed that no matter what he does or tries to do, he will not get a passport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. OP
    OP
    skwerl

skwerl New Member

It must really piss him off that Abramovich waltzed in and set himself up here, especially as he's a blatant crook.
    Maybe it's because he's keeping Airbus afloat!