Did I Do The Right Thing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Demonclimber

Climbing Ninja
Visited the Capital last weekend working at the Outdoor Show; of course I had a tiny wander around the Bike Show too. Spotted the new Pinarello something or other and a Pinarello TT something or other, £10,449 & £14,000 respectively I seem to remember. Looked and pondered for a while and then walked away without putting a £50 deposit on one of each.............DIDTRT? :wacko:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Are you gonna check the online prices first? ;)

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Visited the Capital last weekend working at the Outdoor Show; of course I had a tiny wander around the Bike Show too. Spotted the new Pinarello something or other and a Pinarello TT something or other, £10,449 & £14,000 respectively I seem to remember. Looked and pondered for a while and then walked away without putting a £50 deposit on one of each.............DIDTRT? :wacko:
Just pop into halfords. ^_^

Pinarello are starting to put together some half-decent, off-the-shel road bikes for beginners and unambitious part-timers.

The models you mention are representative of that new push and they make good entry-level models for the casual rider. I see no harm in that.

It shows where they've cut corners, but the moderate rider won't mind about that and it doesn't dilute the brand integrity.

I'd say buy them both if you like the colour scheme and if you've had your titanium bike rack feng-shui-ed to optimise your biotic energy through-flow with a view to enhancing your on-the-road achievables.

Me? I'm more the serious rider and would want something aimed at a more discerning sector of the market.

Typed from half a yard up my own backside on a smartphone.

OP
OP
Demonclimber

Demonclimber

Climbing Ninja
Surely you need a test ride before parting with any money? :thumbsup:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, surely not, they're £10.5K & 14K, they MUST be perfect, surely??

Radchenister

Veteran
I'm going for zen holistic, money lenders hoof it out the temple, simple efficiency type thing by cycling on a Triban3 - anything else would be an affront to purity. ;)

Top Bottom