Did you ever have your bike stolen if so what happened?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roley poley

Über Member
The main reason I think is the lack of solution to the problem: there is no punishment when you catch the thief and no deterrent to make them think again. I have always been in favour of: cut one finger off for each theft. This would be a good deterrent and a thief would only have ten chances. It may sound harsh but society has gone far too soft nowadays and needs to toughen up a bit and care more about victims than law breakers.
unfortunately if they had 9 other offences to be taken in consideration we would all be left looking after them

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Do guinea pigs carry angle grinders?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Was working away from home, bike parked in bike shed at work, locked to Sheffield stand. Got a call on site that the bike shed had been broken into...you can guess the rest. Thieving scum climbed over 6ft wall/metal fence smashed door in & actually un-bolted the stands from the floor. Bike stands now have deadbolts. My bike was one of three nicked, they just took the stand, bike & lock. C***s:cursing:

pawl

Legendary Member
Many many years ago I had mine nicked from out side of the pub that Loughborough section of the CTC where we had are club room.Next day I had a call from the police to say it was at another pub and I could collect it from there

Cops reckoned some scrout had used it to beat closing time which at that time was 10 PM

Bobario

Veteran
I had one nicked from outside work. I was getting ready to go home when I heard a loud thumping noise from outside. When I went to get my bike someone had smashed the head of the lock off with a lump hammer. If I had been 5 minutes quicker I'd have caught them in the act. My bike was the only decent one in the bike rack, so it was the only one stolen. Since then I've ridden an old bso to work, which never gets cleaned but does get maintained. It looks like a smackheads bike but at least it's unlikely to be stolen.

Many many years ago I had mine nicked from out side of the pub that Loughborough section of the CTC where we had are club room.Next day I had a call from the police to say it was at another pub and I could collect it from there
A certain cchat member reckons his bike was stolen by the police.
(told me on a ride, not on here)
Sounds incredible but if he tells you the tale it could seem that it might be true.

pawl

Legendary Member
A certain cchat member reckons his bike was stolen by the police.
(told me on a ride, not on here)
Sounds incredible but if he tells you the tale it could seem that it might be true.

If it was one of those sit up and beg jobbies that the local bobbies used to ride I can well believe it👮‍♂️👮‍♂️👮‍♂️

Top Bottom