Did you ever sit and wonder...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe its being driven by an undeniably hot looking hungry alien who wants to get Under Your Skin.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
No idea what happens in Ireland but where I live on a Scottish island brakes are of primary importance. Other things may be dodgy but if you value your life good brakes are vital.

Traditionally cars on offshore islands are very poorly maintained. It seems to be better than it used to be but I'm sure there are a few without proper brakes even nowadays. Cars registered on the island are test exempt and qualify for a very cheap rate of "road tax" but cannot legally be driven on the mainland.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Traditionally cars on offshore islands are very poorly maintained. It seems to be better than it used to be but I'm sure there are a few without proper brakes even nowadays. Cars registered on the island are test exempt and qualify for a very cheap rate of "road tax" but cannot legally be driven on the mainland.
So far as I remember this only applies to commercial vehicles here. This used to happen with cars but not nowadays tho' some very small islands are still exempt where it is not easy to get off the island with a car.

Drago

Legendary Member
I know it still on Fair Isle, but there are only 4 or 6 cars there.

Scilly Isles are still MOT exempt, but there is quite a strict regime to follow to be eligible.

Top Bottom