Did you know....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Tetedelacourse said:
Anyone got any football pitch facts? Along the lines of "If the Earth was the size of a football, the sun would be 80 football pitches away".
If the Earth was the size of a 'mean' standard football diameter then it would be 388,763,248 'mean' sized footie pitches away from the sun.

Now that would be a good free kick for Beckham to score from !:biggrin:

(Don't ask how I get this crap, in the pub quiz I'm known for all the uninteresting facts, I just absorb them! I may take up train spotting)

stevenb

Did you know that the common gnat lives for only 24 hours but in it's breif life it mates on average 176 times.

Frazer

Tetedelacourse said:
Anyone got any football pitch facts? Along the lines of "If the Earth was the size of a football, the sun would be 80 football pitches away".

if an atom was scaled up to the size of the football pitch, the nucleus would be the size of a pea in the centre spot, and the electrons would be most likely be flying around the stands somewhere, about a thousandth of the size of a pea! Interesting that the atom is about 99.99999% space huh?. Also i say most likely be flying around the stands because the electron could also be an infinite distance from the nucleus. Mind boggling stuff.

Tetedelacourse

Elmer, this may well be my all-time favourite thread.

The moon does not spin on its axis (although it does wobble a bit), so we only ever see one side of the moon. Pink Floyd had it right.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
User76 said:
OK heres a proper one.

A molecule is one or more atoms working together, more or less stably. At sea-level, at 0 degrees celsius, one cubic cm of air (about a sugar cube) contains about 45 billion billion molecules. EACH ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY YOU !!! You tryin' to say mine aren't proper ones ??? :biggrin:

Top Bottom