Diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Can I suggest that anyone looking to shed a few pounds that they have a look at this site.

www.livestrong.com

Look up and register for the My Plate section it is free and very encouraging.

It has totally focused my outlook on what I put in my mouth.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
Can I suggest that anyone looking to shed a few pounds that they have a look at this site.

www.livestrong.com

Look up and register for the My Plate section it is free and very encouraging.

It has totally focused my outlook on what I put in my mouth.

zacklaws

Guru
Yes it is a good site and I used it for quite a while to track what I had eaten etc and I was impressed with it, but it eventually became a chore having to remember what you have eaten, especially if you cannot log things every day, and then if what you have eaten is not in the database, then you have to study wrappers to get the info or do guesstimates, it does become a bit of a task, ie how many calories in a strawberry jam butty?

zacklaws

Guru
Yes it is a good site and I used it for quite a while to track what I had eaten etc and I was impressed with it, but it eventually became a chore having to remember what you have eaten, especially if you cannot log things every day, and then if what you have eaten is not in the database, then you have to study wrappers to get the info or do guesstimates, it does become a bit of a task, ie how many calories in a strawberry jam butty?

ASC1951

Guru
montage said:
wow, that is amazing
You have a low amazement threshold, then - it's just standard dietary advice but on a site stuffed with adverts and sponsored links.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
zacklaws, I just break it down to 3 items, the bread, the jam, the butter.

ASC1951, funny thing is I never noticed the adverts.

Personally I find it a good motivation tool. It is interesting for me to see at the end of the day how much sugar/sodium/fat etc. I have taken on board, this is focusing my attention on my diet, and I am finding it easier to stick to one than I have in the past.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
zacklaws, I just break it down to 3 items, the bread, the jam, the butter.

ASC1951, funny thing is I never noticed the adverts.

Personally I find it a good motivation tool. It is interesting for me to see at the end of the day how much sugar/sodium/fat etc. I have taken on board, this is focusing my attention on my diet, and I am finding it easier to stick to one than I have in the past.

Top Bottom