Difference between box and sidewall.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
I recently decided to go tubeless on my Cube road bike, and bought Hutchinson Fusion performance 11storm for the purpose.

Why would these tyres have different pressures listed on the box to what is embossed on the sidewalls?

The box says 80-110psi (ideal 99 psi for a 70Kg rider)

The sidewall says 72-100psi

It doesn't really matter much from my POV, as I am riding them at around 85psi, which is well within either spec, but I wonder why the difference.

si_c

Guru
I'd go with what's on the sidewall. Sounds like someone put something in the wrong box.

OP
OP
A

Alex321

Veteran
I'd go with what's on the sidewall. Sounds like someone put something in the wrong box.
No, the box is for the same tyre, definitely.

As I say, I will be riding them at a pressure which is with the bounds for either, so it doesn't really matter to me, it is just curiosity.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Either one of them must be wrong or out of date, or they re-specced it, or one's for 23mm and the other 25mm/28mm etc.
But yeah, I'd be inclined to trust what's on the tyre more than what's on the box. If they got THAT wrong there'd be something on the internet about it, surely?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Apparently Hutchison has an app with all the correct pressures for their tyres and even tells you what you should run them at given your weight.
It's called Connec’Tires but the review on Playstore says it's rubbish. :sad:

I recently decided to go tubeless on my Cube road bike, and bought Hutchinson Fusion performance 11storm for the purpose.

Why would these tyres have different pressures listed on the box to what is embossed on the sidewalls?

The box says 80-110psi (ideal 99 psi for a 70Kg rider)

The sidewall says 72-100psi

It doesn't really matter much from my POV, as I am riding them at around 85psi, which is well within either spec, but I wonder why the difference.

Keep an eye on them!
I tried these and dumped them fairly quickly, porous sidewalls with the moulding whiskers appearing to wick out the sealant, they seemed to cut up really badly and sealant spots could be seen around tiny marks, and then they started to delaminate into boils!
2 tyres both exactly the same, may have been a bad batch.

OP
OP
A

Alex321

Veteran
Either one of them must be wrong or out of date, or they re-specced it, or one's for 23mm and the other 25mm/28mm etc.
But yeah, I'd be inclined to trust what's on the tyre more than what's on the box. If they got THAT wrong there'd be something on the internet about it, surely?
Could it be different pressures when running tubeless compared to having a tube fitted?

I don't think so.

This is the box and the tyre:
20211028_164038.jpg
20211028_164052.jpg

20211028_164220.jpg

Keep an eye on them!
I tried these and dumped them fairly quickly, porous sidewalls with the moulding whiskers appearing to wick out the sealant, they seemed to cut up really badly and sealant spots could be seen around tiny marks, and then they started to delaminate into boils!
2 tyres both exactly the same, may have been a bad batch.

Yes, you said that when I oredred them.

So far, no sign of such issues with mine. Hopefully yours were just a bad batch. They generally have good reviews.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sidewall. Boxes usually have a tick box for stuff. Don't worry.

Top Bottom