Different types of cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I appreciate the article was somewhat tongue in cheek, but it is nevertheless symptomatic of the inexplicable need to categorise and pigeonhole everything these days. What's that all about?

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I appreciate the article was somewhat tongue in cheek, but it is nevertheless symptomatic of the inexplicable need to categorise and pigeonhole everything these days. What's that all about?
Cycling magazines have to come up with stuff like this, as they've already covered everything under the sun a dozen times. Plus people these days are too worried about conforming to this that or the other IMO.

Tin Pot

Guru
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/l...-173141?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

Which one are you? I think I am an accumulator of miles. I have been known to record 0.5 miles on Strava.

I was going to be glib and say none of the above I'm a triaflete doncha know? But then scrolled down to this, which was *exactly* me last year:

Similar to the above, but this is someone you know lives 30 miles from work and yet they still cycle in every day.

“You must have to leave early to get to work, Steve?”

“Not really. I was out the door at 5.30 this morning.”

Ha ha.

Drago

Legendary Member
"The kind of person who wheels out the £7,000 Bianchi racing bike for a trip to Tescos when they need a loaf of bread."

Fair play to Bianchi. Getting Maxway to build their frames in Taiwan for three and sixpence, then slapping on some mint paint and an Italian sounding name and and then pretending its been blessed by the Pope and charging through the are for it. I just wish I could think of a wheeze like that.

No wonder they have to cycle to Tesco, because they can't afford the bus after that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Fair play to Bianchi. Getting Maxway to build their frames in Taiwan for three and sixpence, then slapping on some mint paint and an Italian sounding name and and then pretending its been vlessed by the Pope and charging through the are for it. I just wish I could think of a wheeze like that.

No wonder they have to cycle to Tesco, because they can't afford the bus after that.
Not a fan, then

Me, I'm the sort of cyclist who was an avid reader of the Comic when it was still called Cycling and when the front and back covers always depicted racers with numbers on their backs. I'm the sort of cyclist who stopped reading it when it started treating fun rides and reliability trials as races and their participants as racers.

Top Bottom