Dilemma of the day. What's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Listen to a cycling Podcast or listen to radio

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I won't beat about the bush. I stole someone's untouched pint down the pub last night,when the football match was on. Well,maybe not stole,more took and that was because i thought the bloke who'd bought it had gone home and the pub rules are 'any drinks left for more than an hour get tipped down the sink'. The hour mark was approaching so i slurped it down. As i was finishing it the said bloke came back into the pub. :ohmy: I hid the barrel glass behind my back as he said "where the f..k is my pint"?! I would've taken the empty glass outside and put it on a window ledge,making out someone had nicked it on the way out,slurped it quick and left the glass,but i couldn't get the glass out as it would've been too obvious. Instead i hid the glass under the seats in the tv room. I suppose the cleaner will have found it this morning and told the landlady.There's only a couple of barrel glasses in the pub,so they'll know it's the one that contained the 'stolen' pint.
My dilemma is when i next go back in,should i own up saying i was pissed up and don't know why i did it,or should i deny all knowledge and say something like "It was keg beer. I hate the stuff,so why would i drink such shoot?🤔

Edit...I'm hoping that everyone was pissed due to the England match/victory and no one gives a shoot about it! :unsure:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I won't beat about the bush. I stole someone's pint down the pub last night. Well,maybe not stole,more took and that was because i thought the bloke who'd bought it had gone home and the pub rules are 'any drinks left for more than an hour get tipped down the sink'. The hour mark was approaching so i slurped it down. As i was finishing it the said bloke came back into the pub. :ohmy: I hid the barrel glass behind my back as he said "where the f..k is my pint"?! I would've taken the empty glass outside and put it on a window ledge,making out someone had nicked it on the way out,slurped it quick and left the glass,but i couldn't get the glass out as it would've been too obvious. Instead i hid the glass under the seats in the tv room. I suppose the cleaner will have found it this morning and told the landlady.There's only a couple of barrel glasses in the pub,so they'll know it's the one that contained the 'stolen' pint.
My dilemma is when i next go back in,should i own up saying i was pissed up and don't know why i did it,or should i deny all knowledge and say something like "It was keg beer. I hate the stuff,so why would i drink such shoot?🤔
Find another local.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
You're a bad man Accy, so neatly turned as well. Tell them your butler did it and you will beat him with a broom on returning to Accy Towers and feed him to the equally well turned out dog.😁

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Find another local.
You're a bad man Accy, so neatly turned as well. Tell them your butler did it and you will beat him with a broom on returning to Accy Towers and feed him to the equally well turned out dog.😁
I was a bit pissed.:blush: It was horrible anyway. It tasted like that Juicy Fruit chewing gum!xx(

Why didn't the bloke who'd bought it ask the landlady to put it behind the bar if he intended to come back. It's his own fault just leaving it on a table. Finders keepers and all that maybe?:whistle:

Last edited:

Rocky

Hello decadence
I won't beat about the bush. I stole someone's untouched pint down the pub last night,when the football match was on. Well,maybe not stole,more took and that was because i thought the bloke who'd bought it had gone home and the pub rules are 'any drinks left for more than an hour get tipped down the sink'. The hour mark was approaching so i slurped it down. As i was finishing it the said bloke came back into the pub. :ohmy: I hid the barrel glass behind my back as he said "where the f..k is my pint"?! I would've taken the empty glass outside and put it on a window ledge,making out someone had nicked it on the way out,slurped it quick and left the glass,but i couldn't get the glass out as it would've been too obvious. Instead i hid the glass under the seats in the tv room. I suppose the cleaner will have found it this morning and told the landlady.There's only a couple of barrel glasses in the pub,so they'll know it's the one that contained the 'stolen' pint.

Edit...I'm hoping that everyone was pissed due to the England match/victory and no one gives a shoot about it! :unsure:
I'd say nothing unless someone asks you - and if they do, say you made a mistake and would like to buy the dude two pints (of awful keg beer) as compensation and a gesture of good faith.

Or you could tell them all to piss off.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Or waltz in to the pub this evening with your Deerstalker and tweed cape brandishing an oversize pipe saying you have be sent by Scotland yard to investigate but that be overdoing it a tad.

Top Bottom