Dimension Data Relegation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A fudge has been done. 18 teams for next year and no one goes to CAS with ASO successfully getting their way in two years time when it will go down to 16. I expect CAS to be very busy then.

A fudge has been done. 18 teams for next year and no one goes to CAS with ASO successfully getting their way in two years time when it will go down to 16. I expect CAS to be very busy then.
A fistful of "fudge"
filthy%20rich.png

Attachments

• filthy%20rich.png
    filthy%20rich.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 55

Slaav

Veteran
A fistful of "fudge"
filthy%20rich.png

This isn't FIFA you know!

What? .... err who??? .... Pat who?? ..... oh I see!

Sorry - as you were :smile:

ps - Clearly I am in no way suggesting anything untoward in the above, just that money talks and sponsors pull the strings :smile:

Attachments

• filthy%20rich.png
    filthy%20rich.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 58

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
In this case, however, it's the right decision. The plan to reduce teams was developed at a time when there seemed to be too few teams vying for too many World Tour slots. However, that's not the case this year, in fact it's the opposite. It might well switch back again. But having a definitive number of World Tour teams at the same time as basically relying on the free market for the formation and sponsorship of those teams aren't compatible strategies.

SWSteve

Guru

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Mind you, if Bahrain Merida have 'signed' JRod for his points even though he may not even ride next year, there's a stink around the whole system.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They should put it to a vote, a referendum on who's out and who's in.

Cannondale-Drapac should go, the most dull team ever.
It does rather suggest that the rankings aren't rewarding spectacular crowd pleasing racing, which surely should be part of what it's about, shouldn't it?

I don't think a straight referendum is a good idea but again, building the audience should be rewarded, so maybe there should be a race's worth of points in an end of season poll. It might make certain teams a bit less antagonistic to the crowds.

Top Bottom