Dinotte 140L rear light - or an alternative?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS you won't be disapointed with the Hope - I got 2 !

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Origamist said:
Here's a pic to give you an idea of the power:

3941566349_650cc83618.jpg
Here's the Dinotte by way of comparison:

dinotte-tail-light.jpg

Origamist

Legendary Member
Thanks Ben. It's difficult to compare both lights using the pics, but both LEDs are 3W. The Dinotte 140L is a bit brighter (I've compared them), but the DX torch is only £6.75...

FOAD

I agree with other posters.

You can't go far wrong with a Blackburn Mars 3 or 4, bombproof, lifetime guarantee, bright as buggery, waterproof and dirt cheap (£15 at CRC for the 3), if you can afford to put a Dinotte or Hope on the back, you can look like a xmas tree with several Mars for way less.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Another option is the Exposure Redeye plus a piggyback battery. This is not as bright as a Dinotte, but not far behind either. It's super bright, and has a very wide angle of coverage.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Well I received the Dinotte 140L from USA, had to pay a customs charge FFS but after looking at the actual light all I can say is WOW!

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
After charges I got the 140L AA for £110 delivered. Just hope it doesn't fail!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
bigfella said:
After charges I got the 140L AA for £110 delivered. Just hope it doesn't fail!

I have found my DiNotte lights to be very reliable, I am told that their after sales service is very good, but have had no reason to test this... :biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Ben Lovejoy said:
Here's the Dinotte by way of comparison:

dinotte-tail-light.jpg

I checked a mate's Dinotte 140L last night - it was not as bright as the image above. I'm guessing the image is of a higher spec Dinotte rear light, not the 140L...

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
HJ said:
I have found my DiNotte lights to be very reliable, I am told that their after sales service is very good, but have had no reason to test this... :eek:

Thanks for the piece of mind.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Origamist said:
I checked a mate's Dinotte 140L last night - it was not as bright as the image above. I'm guessing the image is of a higher spec Dinotte rear light, not the 140L...

That image is supposed to be the 140L, it is does have three brightness settings, are you sure it was on the brightest and the batteries were fully charged...

Top Bottom