Dinotte 140L rear light - or an alternative?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigfella

Über Member
Hello,

Can't seem to get these in the UK - has anyone seen anywhere that stocks them?

If not, does anyone know an alternative?

Thanks,

Matt

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Sadly as the Pound has nose dived against the US Dollar, most UK suppliers have not replaced their stocks. Also it is a light without equal. It is worth actually ordering directly from DiNotte, I have found them to be a good company to deal with.

DiNotte are the only rear lights which make you more visible in daylight, they offer a real improvement in road safety.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
I thought they might be the only ones. Not sure about the non water proof battery holder though?

As for a front light, Hope Vision 1 or the Dinotte 200? I think the Hope is 240 lumens whereby the Dinotte is 200?

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
The Hope it is. So now for a Dinotte 140L for the rear. I already have a Cateye EL530 so it should be a good combination.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
I just thought, as I'm not overly keen on ordering abroad what with Customs etc. Do you think it would be possible to fit a red filter to a Hope Vision 1 to use it on the rear of my bike?

Origamist

Legendary Member
Origamist said:
I have this as a back-up rear light:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20333

I aim it down so it floods the road behind me in red. Not great quality, but very bright and very cheap.

Here's a pic to give you an idea of the power:

3941566349_650cc83618.jpg

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Yeah for the money its very good, I have also been looking at a Blackburn Mars 4.0. I just wanted something very very bright to get noticed on a nasty dark commute.

manalog

Über Member
Hi Origamist,
Which mount do you use for the backlight? Im about to order tha rear light and mount.
Thanks in advance,
Gerry

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Bigfella, I bought the 140L thru the US website and with import tax it came in at nearly £155.;)

Then again, it is an awesome tail light even if the 4 cell Li-0n battery is a bit big & heavy. I have mine on day & night along with an Ay-Up lamp on the front.

A big initial outlay but worth it for being much more visible on the road.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
tdr1nka said:
Then again, it is an awesome tail light even if the 4 cell Li-0n battery is a bit big & heavy.

You can swap it for my 2 cell Li-0n battery if you like...
it is much lighter

:biggrin:

Top Bottom