Dipstick of the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Last night I was cycling on the right side of a lane so that I could turn right at an approaching junction. I heard a car approaching from the rear and the driver sounded its horn several times. As he undertook me about 50cm away he shouted, "You're too close!"

Sharky

Guru
One behaviour that irks me is when a car HAS to overtake you on narrow roads with passing places, then immediately encounters an on coming car and has to stop at the next passing place, forcing me to stop as well.

Double irked, when this happens on a hill and it takes all my strength to get going again.

AA16a8k8.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news...pc=U531&cvid=81f17f8410d14583a3a3692f7acf16fb

Last night I was cycling on the right side of a lane so that I could turn right at an approaching junction. I heard a car approaching from the rear and the driver sounded its horn several times. As he undertook me about 50cm away he shouted, "You're too close!"

You have to give him credit for having read some of the Highway code
He does know there is a minimum distance

He has not QUITE got the total idea of the concept yet - some people are slow at learning

lets just hope he doesn;t hurt/kill anyone before he completes the learning process

oldwheels

Legendary Member
One behaviour that irks me is when a car HAS to overtake you on narrow roads with passing places, then immediately encounters an on coming car and has to stop at the next passing place, forcing me to stop as well.

Double irked, when this happens on a hill and it takes all my strength to get going again.

What about courteous motorists who stop at the top of a steep single track hill to let you get up without stopping?
There is then pressure on you to keep going regardless of a desire to get off and push.
Even worse was the one who produced a thermos and mug and pretend to have coffee while waiting. :laugh:

Alex321

Veteran
What about courteous motorists who stop at the top of a steep single track hill to let you get up without stopping?
There is then pressure on you to keep going regardless of a desire to get off and push.
There is one hill I ride fairly often where that happens about 50% of the time.

It isn't particularly steep, so I wouldn't be getting off and pushing, but I do feel pressure to ride it faster than I might otherwise.

This one https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4454588,-3.4383531,3a,75y,310.49h,85.35t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sDupzLEDhUe-rDKPscbOItA!2e0!6shttps://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid=DupzLEDhUe-rDKPscbOItA&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&w=203&h=100&yaw=234.36389&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i16384!8i8192

Not that I would call the drivers "dipsticks" for doing it. They are being courteous, and I appreciate that.

presta

Guru
My father once drove his Hillman Imp home from work having forgotten to put the dipstick back in. Holy smoly, you should have seen the mess, the back was plastered with oil, inside and out. ^_^

Nothing a steam clean and a new dipstick didn't put right though.

Top Bottom