Dire Customer Service thread #325

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Got a nice letter from BT the other day. BT infinity has finally come to our village, and ring this number and I can avail myself of this wonderful new service.

So I ring the number and ask for 5kg of freshly picked fibre optic broadband please, only to be told its not yet available in my street.

So why send me the bloody letter you chumps?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Point of order.

It's misleading advertising not poor customer service.

LocalLad

I had that with virgin...at the old house, I got on a mailing list and they kept sending letters to tell me how great their fibre optic network was...despite them not having run cables into my street.

The woman on the phone couldn't understand why I wanted off the mailing list

classic33

Leg End Member
One side of the street is able to get fibre optic, the other side isn't. One half is fed from the main road,, but they list it as available for the whole street.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We have Broadband here that seems to take a fit regurlarly for no reason.

Honestly, I am beginning to think that sending messages to Shaun by Carrier Pigeon would be considerably quicker!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3916760, member: 259"]If I was really cruel I would tell you how great fibre optic is.:whistle:[/QUOTE]

You cheeky bugger! ;)

To be fair since BT upgraded the wiring to the house a few years back the standard broadband has been excellent. Decent speeds, smooth streaming, it's just that it's only a couple of sheets a month more for unlimited infinity so I thought I'd treat the family.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
the foxtrotting bunch of clueless daffodils that are British Gas. I'm on hold AGAIN and am 36 minutes and 15 seconds into this call, onto my 6th person and no bloody closer to cancelling my boiler care agreement. good job I've had a bite to eat and walked the dogs, I could be here a while yet.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Its the dancing daffodils that freak me out :giggle:

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3917103, member: 259"]Those weird people with big heads on their adverts freak me out. :ohmy:[/QUOTE]
And what is it with the EDF steaming turd character in their ads?

@shouldbeinbed I hope it's a freephone number :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3917094, member: 45"]They call me every couple of months, lying and saying they're calling because I used to be their customer. I've never been a British Gas customer.[/QUOTE]
Electric!

Top Bottom