Directions On The Move

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Second time now. First time I was labouring up a steep hill on my laden tourer when a car driver pulled level and started asking me for directions. The next time I was powering up a short hill on the RB when a motorcyclist decided it was a good time to start asking how to get somewhere or other locally. I mean, just coz i'm on a bicycle does not mean i'm local and could neither of them see I was working quite hard and didn't really have much in me for a chat!

Anyone else had issues from road users asking for directions while on the move?

Just charge them a fiver for the directions.^_^

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Second time now. First time I was labouring up a steep hill on my laden tourer when a car driver pulled level and started asking me for directions. The next time I was powering up a short hill on the RB when a motorcyclist decided it was a good time to start asking how to get somewhere or other locally. I mean, just coz i'm on a bicycle does not mean i'm local and could neither of them see I was working quite hard and didn't really have much in me for a chat!

Anyone else had issues from road users asking for directions while on the move?

Yes, but I always just reply with "Sorry Mate, I'm not from round here and I'm as lost as you are!"

ohnovino

Large Member
I live near a lot of Beatles landmarks, and now the summer holidays are here I'll get tourists me asking for directions at least once a week. I need to remember to stop sending them the wrong way down one-way streets just because there's a contraflow cycle lane :blush:

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
French better.
...or French.

compo

Veteran
I have never had it on the bike except when I have been stopped anyway, but being stopped and asked for directions was a common occurence when I used to go out running. My response was never polite.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Do as you would be done by, say I - asking for directions is something I do from time to time (hopefully in a more considerate manner than OP describes. Also depends somewhat upon who is asking...

post-33319-0-33929400-1309822749.jpg

Top Bottom