Dirty bike, cream carpet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mknash

Hope this is the most appropriate forum.

I have just moved into a flat with cream carpets and no safe external storage. How do folks in flats store bikes? More importantly how do you stop them dripping everywhere?

I have tried a wipe down on getting home, but it still drips. Currently storing the commuter in the bathroom and the off roader on the balcony.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I'm lucky enough to have a garage, but my advice would be to get hold of a dark-coloured carpet offcut and put the bike on that.

OP
OP
mknash

mknash

wow, a simple yet bloomin good idea! Thanks

Yes, i miss my garage, three bikes, all my tools and still room to work in there when it was raining

Sandra6

Veteran
What about that plastic mat stuff that old ladies put from the front door down the hall?
We sell it at work but I have no idea what it's called.

Drago

Legendary Member
Go to your local furniture shop and ask them for a couple of the huge plastic bags that mattresses come in. They'll be only too pleased to get shot of a few.

davefb

Guru
Go to your local furniture shop and ask them for a couple of the huge plastic bags that mattresses come in. They'll be only too pleased to get shot of a few.
hehe, I miss my other half working in a bed shop.. those pastic bags come in handy for all sorts of stuff..

Well okay, bbq covers and makeshift tarps under tents , maybe all sorts is stretching it :smile:

OP
OP
mknash

mknash

I have tried plastic bags, not bad for the commuter, but the mtb just drags it up with the tyres at the slightest movement. Maybe those thick ones would be better. Prolly got them at work.

Thought of the plastic mat stuff, but wrried that drips would just puddle up and run off the sides.. bike dirt as we all know is rather dark and icky.

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
GT85 is amazing at getting marks out of new cream carpets, as I found out today before new landlords popped over to say "hello". Phew.
Plastic/clear vinyl (hallway runner style strips) would work well. You could maybe build up the sides slightly by putting strips of cardboard, or something, underneath so dirt is contained...??

Top Bottom