Dirty Reiver 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Were many people doing it on mtn bikes and how much was on the road? It does appeal but it looks tough and I only have a 29er now.

Loads of people were on MTBs and very little is on road - maybe 15km of the total.

OP
OP
iandg

iandg

Legendary Member
Just saw your photos on instagram. I saw you at the end and I think you spoke to the guy I was riding with - an American who's bike turned out not really to be up to the job. He flatted 6 times, lost a tooth from his chainring, broke his chain and cracked his saddle!

With the 2 mad dogs? Wife took pity on me and picked me up on the Saturday night so I only had to camp on the Friday.

Guy on the road bike with caliper brakes? - a good ride on that bike :ohmy:

Last edited:
U

User169

With the 2 mad dogs? Wife took pity on me and picked me up on the Saturday night so I only had to camp on the Friday.

Guy on the road bike with caliper brakes? - a good ride on that bike :ohmy:

The guy with the caliper brakes - the only person I saw riding with calipers. He didn't have a pump, so had to borrow one from another rider and then broke it. He enjoyed himself nevertheless!

Did you get any of the potatoes at the last feedstop? Never has a spud tasted so good!!

OP
OP
iandg

iandg

Legendary Member
The guy with the caliper brakes - the only person I saw riding with calipers. He didn't have a pump, so had to borrow one from another rider and then broke it. He enjoyed himself nevertheless!

Did you get any of the potatoes at the last feedstop? Never has a spud tasted so good!!

Yes, the spuds were a life saver - suffered from about 120 - 150 km but morale picked up considerably after the last feed.

Top Bottom