Disappointed !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomk

Guru
This is ridiculous, it must be a duff batch of tyres. Just tell them you want a decent set of tyres on the bike - if it's under warranty, they're obliged to get it sorted.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
Aaaa. I just bought a pair of Bontrager Hard Case tyres to replace my stock tyres which did exactly the same thing after 1000 miles :eek: I hope that you were just unlucky.

OP
OP
W

Woody0301

Regular
Tried to post pictures but got some kind of error from the site. Will try again later but the affected area is about 12" so far. It looks like the outer layer of rubber is seperating from the inner hard case. The top layer of rubber is loose and can be pushed down to feel the solid inner core. Looking from a side view it looks like the tire has knots sticking up and is out of round. Still ridable. Put 21 miles on it last night but makes a crazy noise when it comes around that drives me nuts. Also would someone tell me if this is normal? Either the crank or chain makes a cracking noise when I stand up to pedal uphill and it puts stress on those parts. It stops if I coast so it has got to be coming from one of the two.

Either the crank or chain makes a cracking noise when I stand up to pedal uphill and it puts stress on those parts. It stops if I coast so it has got to be coming from one of the two.

Before you blame those parts, which could be responsible, nip up your stem bolts around the handlebar and see if it still does it.

raindog

er.....
Personally, the bike being new in march, I'd just take it back to the shop and tell them to sort it. If you start messing about with it, you may render the warranty null and void. Unbelievable that they can't sort you out with some decent tyres.

OP
OP
W

Woody0301

Regular
Talked with the store owner this morning and he could not believe the tire issue either. He put the new set of tires on himself. He stands behind Trek 100% but said he woudl get me another set of tires by a different brand. Not sure which but he has been nice so far so I feel like he will resolve the problem one way or another. I don't know enough about what is a good tire to request a specific one. He also said the cracking noise should not be there and that he would make sure himself that everything is corrected. Can't complain about the shop but I am still frustrated. Its an hours drive everytime I have to have it worked on. I agree about working on it myself because of warranty issues. I have never considered adjusting anything yet because of that very reason. Everything so far has been done by the shop. I would however like to learn in the future. As far as tires go, the tires are 700x28. What if any would changing to a 700x32 help?

Top Bottom