Disappointment is............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonk man

tipping some frozen chips in the tray, popping them in the oven waiting half an hour, getting them out nice and cooked and on biting one discovering you have cooked parsnips instead:angry::ohmy::ohmy: happened tonight, my daughter was horrified.... and the dog has started farting.

Worst previous disappointment was getting a tub of icecream out of the freezer and discovering it is some solid apple mush...

What is your disappointment?

Dave5N

Über Member
Every thread ever posted after this one.

Haven't laughed so much in ages!!!!

oxbob

Many years ago, came home pished from the pub, felt peckish so put an assortment of nibbles on baking tray and slammed in the oven, came back 45 mins later stone cold! forgot to turn the gas on doh!!

peanut

putting roast spuds in the oven as a rare treat. Eating Sunday dinner then smelling burning realised I'd forgotten to serve up the roasties doh!:hello::blush:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
that is bloody hilariuos mate!

...disappointment is spending hours mixing , thinking it all sounds so cool, and then a week later realising it was of course total crap and a 2 year old can mix it better!

Keith Oates

Janner
Putting the porridge on to cook and then going back to CC just for 5 mins. Only remembered when the smell of burning came from the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eating rice pudding in Sweden for the very first time.

Rice pudding (same as we have it) and what I thought was chocolate powder to sprinkle on it. Being a bit impartial to chocolate, I sprinkled, er, generously, to say the least.

My taste buds (and fellow guests) got a huge shock when they (the taste buds) discovered it was cinnamon, and a large mouthful of rice pudding was spat back into my bowl! :tongue::blush:

I HATE cinnamon! :evil: :becool:

papercorn2000

Parsnips = Carrots evil cousins.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Dayvo said:
Eating rice pudding in Sweden for the very first time.

Rice pudding (same as we have it) and what I thought was chocolate powder to sprinkle on it. Being a bit impartial to chocolate, I sprinkled, er, generously, to say the least.

My taste buds (and fellow guests) got a huge shock when they (the taste buds) discovered it was cinnamon, and a large mouthful of rice pudding was spat back into my bowl! :tongue::blush:

I HATE cinnamon! :evil: :tongue:

ah but one man's meat…

anyway, that reminds me of the time i was travelling in the netherlands on a train. i was starving and went and bought what was translated as a ham sandwich. turned out to be raw bacon. ate it anyway though :becool:

Landslide said:
Am I the only person here who'd be absolutley delighted to get parsnips instead of oven chips?:becool:

No!

I was having lunch with my brother yesterday; he had the full works (roast dinner), me, having a sore throat, all I wanted was a large plate of parsnips, but the lady wouldn't let me have them! :tongue:

So I settled for carrott and coriander soup instead.

I love parsnips! :evil:

Top Bottom