Disappointment is............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Here in Casa Fnaar, we MIX HOME-MADE CHIPS AND PARNSIP 'CHIPS' TOGETHER :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Greedo

When I got my first real job a client took me for lunch one day.

I was only 22ish and was a bit nervous as I had no idea what to say to him as I thought he was a bit of a t*t and he kind of steamrolled me into saying yes to him. Anyway, my office at the time was near the Hilton in Glasgow and he took me to the carvery. We went round the food with our plates and I saw a big huge bowl of thin cut chips. Piled loads of them on my plate and he was giving me a funny look. Got back to the table to tuck in and it was a huge portion of parsnips I had spooned on.

He must of been thinking "what the hell is that boy so obsessed with parsnips for"

bonk man said:
tipping some frozen chips in the tray, popping them in the oven waiting half an hour, getting them out nice and cooked and on biting one discovering you have cooked parsnips instead:angry::evil::tongue: happened tonight, my daughter was horrified.... and the dog has started farting.

Worst previous disappointment was getting a tub of icecream out of the freezer and discovering it is some solid apple mush...

What is your disappointment?

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

My dad told me that when he was 14 and was looking for a job he saw an ad he thought said "Plate breaker wanted" at Worcester Porcelain.... of course it actually said "Plate maker"..... a massive disappointment he has never really got over..... the job only lasted a short while.
I think it was a relief when he got called up to the army:smile: plenty of opportunity for breaking things there:biggrin:

Top Bottom