Disaster Strikes - Ride 100 Fail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
At about 35 miles, my seatpost bolt sheered off going up a hill. I then rode on for about 5 or 6 more hilly miles to the mechanics, I tried to get it fixed but neither of the two sets of mechanics companies could do anything, i'd lost part of the rig and they had no bolts or pats - I had to abandon. Totally gutted, I was pushing an average of 19.6 mph and was not bothered by the terrible conditions, flooded roads, stinging rain, gusting winds.

I was more fortunate than many others who crashed or fell ill.
2014-08-11 08.02.43.jpg

Anyways, that just about wraps up my charity bike riding.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
what a shame, how's that for bad timing!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
At about 35 miles, my seatpost bolt sheered off going up a hill. I then rode on for about 5 or 6 more hilly miles to the mechanics, I tried to get it fixed but neither of the two sets of mechanics companies could do anything, i'd lost part of the rig and they had no bolts or pats - I had to abandon. Totally gutted, I was pushing an average of 19.6 mph and was not bothered by the terrible conditions, flooded roads, stinging rain, gusting winds.

I was more fortunate than many others who crashed or fell ill. View attachment 53000

Anyways, that just about wraps up my charity bike riding.

now that could have really hurt -

you can't help mechanicals most of the time. sorry you had to abandon.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I just put my old post back on, the design of the my original post has two retaining bolts, one of which is very thick - my carbon replacement post had just the one bolt, and not a thick one at that - so lesson learnt, saving weight means more chance of failure.
I know alot more about seat posts now.
Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, it is all insignificant.

Top Bottom