Disc Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I want to purchase a spare set of brake pads for my CGR

Which part-number do I need?
I can't see a similar looking pad on the Ribble site

(RS785 calipers)

Thanks

Ribble. CGR. 17.JPG

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What brakes are they?

Shimano J04C Disc Brake Pad
U need theseif you wnat them with the fin - u can get the pads without the cooling fin
I'll admit I'm not in the middle of any big hills here, but I did experiment just after purchasing it

Just off the A61 (Wakefield - Barnsley road), at NewMillerDam, there's a short steep lane
The old road, before an easier route was cut
It's not much 60-70 yards long, definitely 1-in-3
I can start at the top, stationary, creep down at walking speed (both brakes) & even at such a short distance, the fins are barely touchable

On longer/faster hills, they'll surely make more of a difference

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I am an enthusiastic rider and I don't need the fins! I don't give a flying fook if you can touch the disc/pads after a heavy braking session as long as they still work (which they do). Discobrakes do a cheap sintered pad that works well but Shimano pads do seem to have the edge so I have just stockpiled G04S sintered non-finned pads.

I am an enthusiastic rider and I don't need the fins!
I don't give a flying fook if you can touch the disc/pads after a heavy braking session as long as they still work (which they do).

Don't get me wrong, I don't do it after every descent, but this was when I'd not had it long, & just experimenting to find out how much heat was generated

Tom B

Guru
Proper Shimano pads are worth it. Feel and last better than jarg jobs.

I concur my mtb has Avid/SRAM bakes and gets on just fine with uberbike pads.

My hybrid with Shimano Brakes is horrible with anything other than Shimano oem. I keep them on my bookmarks and buy them from halfords when on offer after checking each week.

Top Bottom