Disc rotor recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dwn

Does anyone have any recommendations for a centrelock disc rotor (160) for some new Mavic Aksium wheels?

I bought a set of Shimano centrelock adapters to allow me to use the 6 bolt rotors from my current wheelset, but they appear to be incompatible, hence switch to centrelock rotors.

Thanks

si_c

Guru
I use Shimano RT-64s not had any issues at all and they're reasonably priced and seem durable - the last set I had wore out after about 9k miles.

Reactions: Dwn

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I use Shimano RT-64s not had any issues at all and they're reasonably priced and seem durable - the last set I had wore out after about 9k miles.
I think these are what I use. I avoid the ice-tech laminated stuff as have trouble with 2 sets (both factory fitted) warping and also going out of true when hot and giving terrible rubbing noises until cooled again.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd recommend sticking to the same make of rotors as the brakes. Nothing scientific, but never had issues. Standard shimano disks on MrsF's SLX equipped bike, SRAM Centre line on my SRAM bike. Hope rotors tend to be a little thicker which can cause rub if you don't re-adjust the pads.

Top Bottom