Disc Rotor Sizing Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BretonM

Hello all,
I would like to put some custom brake rotors on my bike.
On the same specification it says that the bike has a 6" brake rotor front and rear.
I have been trying to find 6" brake rotors all over the shop and nothing seems to even exist.
Is there a conversion to a similar size in millimetres as this is what they all seem to be set out in.
As I've stated before I am a rookie at these sorts of things, so any advice or help for future reference would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

classic33

Leg End Member
Hello all,
I would like to put some custom brake rotors on my bike.
On the same specification it says that the bike has a 6" brake rotor front and rear.
I have been trying to find 6" brake rotors all over the shop and nothing seems to even exist.
Is there a conversion to a similar size in millimetres as this is what they all seem to be set out in.
As I've stated before I am a rookie at these sorts of things, so any advice or help for future reference would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Price limit?
Check here for prices.
6 inch.jpg

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
You'd be looking at 152 - 153mm. It's actually just shy of 152.5mm is 6 inch, possibly why they've used the imperial measurement in the sizing.

If it says 6 inch rotor required, then any shop should know which size you mean. If they don't, keep your money in your pocket.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

You'd be looking at 152 - 153mm. It's actually just shy of 152.5mm is 6 inch, possibly why they've used the imperial measurement in the sizing.

If it says 6 inch rotor required, then any shop should know which size you mean. If they don't, keep your money in your pocket.
So if ordering online I should look for 152 or 153 mm Rotor ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Are you sure it's 6" imperial..... Rotors come in 140, 150, 160,etc etc.

Measure the diameter with a ruler !

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

It's just that online the only sizes close enough are 140mm and 160mm.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
150 is best, but can you post details of fork/ discs/callipers as most stuff is metric.

My 170/160's run a few mm in from the furthest edge, so going for the nearest would do the trick.

We are running totally blind here as we don't know the bike model or anything.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

150 is best, but can you post details of fork/ discs/callipers as most stuff is metric.

My 170/160's run a few mm in from the furthest edge, so going for the nearest would do the trick.

I apologise, the bike is a Norco Ryde 2009.
Thanks.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Attachments

• IMG_3245.JPG
    IMG_3245.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 60
Top Bottom