Disccssions on Brompton bag or alternative brand for commuting!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
does that all fit in the 16l rucksack?
I have an S bag I no longer use that I keep meaning to sell. They are smaller than the Borough Bags I think ,@ 20l but prob bigger than metro bags. They have a removeable waterproof bight yellow cover.

No that's why I need a new bag. Did think about a much larger laptop rucksack but thought again about Brompton bags. I mean £60 for a laptop bag at about 30l, might as well doubling it (and a bit more) to get a borough large. The metro large I think is better designed and looks better. But we're talking a flatter design more briefcase or messenger bag at 5l less than the Borough bag large. The waterproof Borough large m is only 2l bigger. The Borough is more like a small cargo bag which should take bulky boots better than the thinner metro.

It's annoying because my likely need for the boots is very rare indeed. I don't think I'll need to carry the every day I'm on site. More likely only when I've got an in person meeting / reason to be on the shopfloor in the middle of operations thus needing boots. On top of that I'm mostly home based too, currently I'm only needed on site once a week and possibly not even that going forward. I did a course with a colleague who said it was his first time om site for over a year!

I could get the metro but bungee the boots on the rack, perhaps if they don't fit in.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I could get the metro but bungee the boots on the rack, perhaps if they don't fit in.

Or sling them in a cheap rucksack for the odd day

Tenkaykev

Guru
No that's why I need a new bag. Did think about a much larger laptop rucksack but thought again about Brompton bags. I mean £60 for a laptop bag at about 30l, might as well doubling it (and a bit more) to get a borough large. The metro large I think is better designed and looks better. But we're talking a flatter design more briefcase or messenger bag at 5l less than the Borough bag large. The waterproof Borough large m is only 2l bigger. The Borough is more like a small cargo bag which should take bulky boots better than the thinner metro.

It's annoying because my likely need for the boots is very rare indeed. I don't think I'll need to carry the every day I'm on site. More likely only when I've got an in person meeting / reason to be on the shopfloor in the middle of operations thus needing boots. On top of that I'm mostly home based too, currently I'm only needed on site once a week and possibly not even that going forward. I did a course with a colleague who said it was his first time om site for over a year!

Tie the laces together and hang them around your neck...

Kell

Veteran
Just come across these this morning.

UPSO bags. Recycled. Not horrendously expensive.

£90 for the front bag for a Brompton.

IMG_5066.jpeg

https://upsobags.co.uk/?s=Brompton&post_type=product

simongt

Guru
The GLW and I still use the original open topped Brompton bags that were available when we bought the bikes a few years back. They have humungous capacity and could be made reasonably weather resistant with the then available yellow overcover.
We've looked at the various more recent offerings of higher price and generally lesser capacity, but are still sticking with our original bags until they wear out which despite almost daily use, won't be any time soon - ! :okay:

Top Bottom