Discover the world thanks to cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gianluca89

Hi guys!
Have you ever traveled around the world in order to go cycling and training in different locations or do you prefer go cycling always in the same places? Personally i love to change my routine when i can!
I mean, if there would be a global cycling community where you can be hosted by other cyclists for free, even if you personally don't know them, would you go on adventure or not?

Hi guys!
if there would be a global cycling community where you can be hosted by other cyclists for free, even if you personally don't know them, would you go on adventure or not?
You mean like Warmshowers? Very successful.

I didn't know anything about that website. I've just taken a look to your link, but i suppose something similar (if that website is free)!
well, it's pretty well established and well known amongst cycle tourists and world travellers. It's "free" but needs donations to keep going, so donations are welcome.

Are you looking for people to respond by telling you what motivates them to travel? Or are you wondering if there's a market for another hosting service like Warmshowers?

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
Gianluca89

Gianluca89

well, it's pretty well established and well known amongst cycle tourists and world travellers. It's "free" but needs donations to keep going, so donations are welcome.

Are you looking for people to respond by telling you what motivates them to travel? Or are you wondering if there's a market for another hosting service like Warmshowers?

The first one. I would like to know if they like travelling (not for holidays :-) ) and, if yes, what motivates them.

snorri

Legendary Member
I mean, if there would be a global cycling community where you can be hosted by other cyclists for free, even if you personally don't know them, would you go on adventure or not?
I've been quite happy to take a tent, or use hostels and hotels.
If hosting was to be free, presumably members would be required to offer accommodation in their homes to others in return, I'm not sure that I would want to adapt my home in order to accommodate random cyclists.
The absence of a 'global cycling community' has never deterred me from cycle touring in foreign parts.

Hi guys!
Have you ever traveled around the world in order to go cycling and training in different locations or do you prefer go cycling always in the same places? Personally i love to change my routine when i can!
Once you start long haul touring, you find that thousands of cyclist are doing the same thing, a silent majority. comprising in the main every nation from across the developed world. As to free accommodation there is couchsurfing and warmshowers also i have on a few occasions been invited to stay with people I have met during my travels, often when passing through inhospitable areas of Asia.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I didn't know anything about that website. I've just taken a look to your link, but i suppose something similar (if that website is free)!

There is also Couchsurfers. There are plenty of cycle forums on there.

I'm not sure what you are asking? I have a full time job but have ridden all over the world.

I wouldn't want to live a nomadic cycling life.

Top Bottom