Dishing a wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I wasn't quite right for all wheels, but it's not as simple as you'd think
Thank you for taking the trouble to show an outlier. "was not quite right"! And also really neat diagram in the next post.
As I read down your example, I saw '24'; then '3 cross' [mmm]; and then 60mm flange diameter; and then the centre to flange distances are almost the same (rear wheel). [Mmmm]. You have explained why in this outlying case what you said is true. Not sure it's useful for normal people.
Typical hub: FH-5600: 45mm flange diameter and centre to flange distances of 37 and 18mm.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Thank you for taking the trouble to show an outlier. "was not quite right"! And also really neat diagram in the next post.
As I read down your example, I saw '24'; then '3 cross' [mmm]; and then 60mm flange diameter; and then the centre to flange distances are almost the same (rear wheel). [Mmmm]. You have explained why in this outlying case what you said is true. Not sure it's useful for normal people.
Typical hub: FH-5600: 45mm flange diameter and centre to flange distances of 37 and 18mm.

You're right, it doesnt work in a lot of cases. Just explaining my point, and largely proving to myself that I wasn't imagining it :okay::laugh:

Also, edit to say I've edited the previous post as the wheels I've built were 2-cross, not 3-cross :shy: Good spot, must be getting close to bed time 😊

Last edited:
Top Bottom