Dishwashers are rubbish aren't they

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
After 20 years of badgering the wife, I finally managed to get one installed.
I think it's brilliant, it cleans stuff far better than a human, and it's more economical

We switched off out hot water 2 months ago, and as I shower at work, we can go a week at a time without needing any hot water

bauldbairn

Perfect performances every time. Bosch, you gotta love 'em.
+1, :smile:

Yeh! I'm afraid I love my Bosch dishwasher too! :thumbsup:

Alan Whicker

Sorry, but no. Ours is a John Lewis own-brand (I think its an Electrolux). Used twice a day for five years. I'm pretty sure it would clean up the mess left by the Deepwater Horizon if you could fit Louisiana inside it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Bosch are good, and quiet as well.

The problem with all dishwashers is that you always have to wash up "the big stuff" by hand. It really never is as the adverts suggest, alas...

PaulSB

Legendary Member
its all in the stacking

True. My wife can't stack a dishwasher in a sensible manner, cups upside down etc. Friends confirm this may well be a female trait. We've had ours for 25 years or so, excellent when the three kids were young and saved more rows about whose turn it was to wash up etc. I think a dishwasher is probably the best domestic appliance there is.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Having survived through 20 years of marriage and 12 years of having brats around, my wife had a couple of operations on her wrists for CTS at the start of last year's summer hols and we decided that was the cue to get the dishwasher.

What took you so long ... similar statistics but for us it was after the second child was born ... about 12 years ago. It was fitted as part of a kitchen redo ... though the first dishwasher they installed didn't last long.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Nope.
Ours is Fab for a family of 5. Once a day, 365 days a year it quietly goes about its business. Perfect performances every time. Bosch, you gotta love 'em.

How do you manage once a day for 5 ... it annoys me how many times its on twice
blush.gif

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
True. My wife can't stack a dishwasher in a sensible manner, cups upside down etc. Friends confirm this may well be a female trait. We've had ours for 25 years or so, excellent when the three kids were young and saved more rows about whose turn it was to wash up etc. I think a dishwasher is probably the best domestic appliance there is.

Nah - you've been had...
laugh.gif

Slowgrind

Used daily or every other day our is a godsend! Loading is the secret! Keeping the filter clean is essential!! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom