Disk brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclelover1997

hi all, I have a mountain bike and the brake Cable is coming out of hand brake slot when braking if you get what I'm saying lol. Any ideas ??

Cycle lover

Milzy

Guru
LBS!!

OP
OP
C

Cyclelover1997

My bike is so cheap only paid £200 for it. It just seems all components going on it, I have tighten the anchor bolt on it and the bolt has just fully gone. Just to clarify all I had to do was loosen the the anchor bolt, grasp the cable, and move the arm up the cable. But because the anchor bolt has gone it won't stay. Starting to think the reason everything is going is because the bike is cheap. Any ideas would be much appreciated

Cheers cycle lover

Ajax Bay

Guru
Cable is coming out of hand brake slot when braking if you get what I'm saying lol
After the description below I'm not sure I do "get what you're saying" chuckling audibly or not.
I have tighten the anchor bolt on it and the bolt has just fully gone
The anchor bolt you are referring to is where the cable is secured to the brake itself, right, not the lever?
By "the anchor bolt has gone" do you mean the thread has stripped and the allen head bolt will not engage? If so, LBS and get another bolt from their plentiful spares box.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
What's LBS???
Local bike shop

Top Bottom