Disorganised

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janm399

Veteran
I'm expecting exciting new wheels to arrive to the office today. So, yesterday, I went through all the bits I'll need to install them. I "neatly" piled everything up in the kitchen: tires, inner tubes, cassette tool, valve extenders. All ready.

I set out this morning in a bit of a hurry; half way to work I remember the cassette tool. D'oh! I turn around, get home, pick up the cassette tool and get back on my way to work. Near the office, I can clearly see in my mind the valve extender on the kitchen table. No time and no sugar left :smile:

I'm going to pop out to Will's Wheels to pick up some extenders over lunch.

The good news is that it all added up to 35 miles this morning.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There is always something isn't there?

janm399 said:
The good news is that it all added up to 35 miles this morning.

Great stuff.. all those extra miles can come in handy..
how about logging them with the CycleChat team if you are not already here....

OP
OP
janm399

janm399

Veteran
Cosmic Carbone SLRs! They actually came with a naff valve extender; it just about works with the pump I keep at work, but I would not be able to inflate them if I had a p*ncture on the way home (which I can guarantee would happen).

I'm not as bad as all that

My morning routine is get up, shower, feed cats, lock attic room, look in panniers, remember need mobile phone charger, up to attic, get charger, lock attic, down stairs, look for shoes, realise took them upstairs for some reason, up to attic, get shoes, lock attic, downstairs, bike out of shed, lock shed, decide need lights as weather looks iffy, unlock shed, put front light in pannier (back light isn't there), close shed, look for lock, lock is inside shed, open shed, get lock, close shed, lock shed, back into house as rear light is still on racktop bag that is...in the attic, up to attic, get light, lock attic, downstairs, leave house, get on bike, remember something else, back in house, run up to attic, open attic, look for thing that isn't there, lock attic, search living room, get thing I need, back out, put keys in pocket of pannier, ah- forgot to lock back door, unroll pannier, get keys, lock back door, keys back in pannier and away...

(sounds like the soloution to one of those '80s "The Hobbit" type text adventure games, except escaping the goblin's dungeon was actually easier than leaving the house)

Those attic stairs are a good warm-up though

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cosmics for the commute...argh.....I just had Will re-build a CXP33 after I smashed it a few weeks ago on Manchester roads.....

OP
OP
janm399

janm399

Veteran
Well, they're not really for the commutes, but I can't resist taking the summer bike to work when the weather's good ;)

I can report that I just flew home last night and into work this morning. It may be psychological/placebo effect, but I managed PBs on the extra scenic commute route going home last night and to the office this morning.

The bad news is that I will hate riding the commuter bike even more now!

Top Bottom