Distal tendon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Never heard of the bloody things till yesterday, now it's ruptured, my arm looks like Popeye's and my bicep seems to be travelling further up my (dominant) arm with every passing hour. 3 weeks till I was to travel to Barcelona to collect my bike and ride back.
:sad:

Anybody else suffered? Any recovery time and recuperating advice would be most welcome. :smile:

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Well, I can give some recovery information.

It's a time sensitive injury, the ruptured tendon starts to atrophy quickly, I have an op on Friday. Full cast for 2 weeks (should be one week but I will be in Barcelona on holiday) then a brace for 2-3 months, initially set at 90 degrees and then "stretched" every fortnight. Re-hab for a further 3 months. After 6 months the tendon should be re-attached to the bone and not relying on the anchor pegs.

Might be able to ride again next spring and back to full strength one year post injury. Depressed! :sad:

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Ouch. How did that happen ? That's mucho turbo time !

Football, shot hit my wrist, a freak impact injury, wish I'd broken both arms and legs instead. I'd planned to ride back from Barcelona and had loads of late summer/autumn stuff planned, now............nothing. The thought of being not able to ride a bike for months is genuinely upsetting. :sad:

Top Bottom