Disturbing phone call.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Early this afternoon I received a call from a mobile number unknown to me. With a strong Scottish accent, this man said he had a High Court judgement against me for non payment of Google fees when I had my driving school. I never advertised with Google and I closed my school 8 years ago. I had a line on Facebook but that's all. He finished the call advising me to have my bank card ready.
My wife says it is a scam and so do our children. It has to be as I know I don't owe anybody anything, especially from 8 years ago.

Fastpedaller

certainly a scam - if he calls again, just ask him to put it in writing, but don't tell him your address as he clearly must know that already

D

Deleted member 1258

Early this afternoon I received a call from a mobile number unknown to me. With a strong Scottish accent, this man said he had a High Court judgement against me for non payment of Google fees when I had my driving school. I never advertised with Google and I closed my school 8 years ago. I had a line on Facebook but that's all. He finished the call advising me to have my bank card ready.
My wife says it is a scam and so do our children. It has to be as I know I don't owe anybody anything, especially from 8 years ago.

Sounds like a scam call, he's probably phoned a few people with it hoping for a bite, its a phishing trip.

Are you on Android? I've started using an app called Mr Number, adds some extra features on top of the usual blocking options we have.

Also yes scam, block and forget.

Instead of having your bank card ready, just have this cocked and loaded ready for him. Don't forget to ask if the conversation is recorded first. :okay:

View: https://youtu.be/QBGn9bL4YZw

markemark

Über Member
A scam. But even if not it’s passed the 7 years limit which means if you’ve had no notice then it cannot be chased. So either way, ignore it.

Chris S

Legendary Member

Say, "Just a minute please" and put the phone down but don't disconnect the call. Eventually he will hang-up. It will prevent him pestering somebody else while he's waiting.

Fastpedaller

My Mother had a double glazing saleman call one day (twice) and wouldn't take no for an answer. I just put the phone on the side for several minutes and eventually hung up. He rang again (to tell me how bad I was) so I said "I can do the same again if you keep swearing at me" I hung up and he didn't try again :laugh:

Top Bottom