Diversity obligations gone mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Robust replies are one thing; people reading into my posts stuff that doesn't exist boils my piss and is all too common on here.
So (and I'm just checking I understand you correctly), you may be claiming some sort of protected right to post ...
They shouldn't be restricting those facilities and spending vast amounts of money to pander to the tiny minority who decide to mess with nature.
without some reply that "boils your piss"?

If somebody has indeed read into your post "stuff that doesn't exist" (despite the words you typed), feel free to correct them. It's easy to do - with politeness, courtesy, and a bit of good humour.

Brandane

Legendary Member
So (and I'm just checking I understand you correctly), you may be claiming some sort of protected right to post ...

without some reply that "boils your piss"?

If somebody has indeed read into your post "stuff that doesn't exist" (despite the words you typed), feel free to correct them. It's easy to do - with politeness, courtesy, and a bit of good humour.
Not sure what point you're trying to make. Your quote of my post referring to spending vast amounts of money pandering to a minority has no relevance to me thinking the minority are lower than me, as was the accusation made by roadie. The fact that he had somehow read that in between the lines was what boiled my piss.
I lost my sense of humour when it came to dealing with idiots a long, long time ago. Perhaps I should stick to the relative sanity of the café, or cycling related stuff from now on. Or maybe avoid CC altogether; it is beginning to have a negative effect on my overall opinion of my fellow cyclists, I'm afraid.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Guys, we did we (well, you, actually, because I've just logged on ^_^) end up discussing transgender changing facilities issues?
The transgender person is probably very happy with the new arrangements, but I bet it was done because it was cheaper ... yes, cynic me :whistle:
The OP is complaining on behalf of his wife that feels shy of letting male colleagues see her underwear plus she doesn't like smelling male colleagues worn kit.
Ok, in that case why does she not put her dirties in a wash bag, stuff the lot in the washing machine at home?
Alas, if the men's smelly kit cannot be avoided, just don't look at it.
As somebody said up thread the new facilities are like in a swimming pool, what is the problem?
When I used to take public transport it would really bother me being smelly of all sorts of food and drink after a shift, I could have done with a shower after, not before my work :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What if they are disabled in a wheelchair, gay and have a pram/baby with them and want a shower for the whole family unit at work?
Wait, we are in "commuting and utility cycling" surely it would be a disabled cyclist commuting on a trike?
I'll get my coat ...

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Your quote of my post referring to spending vast amounts of money pandering to a minority has no relevance to me thinking the minority are lower than me, as was the accusation made by roadie. The fact that he had somehow read that in between the lines was what boiled my piss.
I lost my sense of humour when it came to dealing with idiots a long, long time ago. Perhaps I should stick to the relative sanity of the café, or cycling related stuff from now on. Or maybe avoid CC altogether; it is beginning to have a negative effect on my overall opinion of my fellow cyclists, I'm afraid.
OK - keep it simple. Boiling your piss hurts you. Nobody else.

So don't post inflammatory stuff --- that you KNOW is likely to be inflammatory. And ... chill :rolleyes:.

Oh - and "giving cyclists a bad name" is another of those inflammatory phrases; just sayin' ^_^

Brandane

Legendary Member
Oh - and "giving cyclists a bad name" is another of those inflammatory phrases; just sayin' ^_^
Another misquote; just sayin'.
If you're going to use quotation marks, at least put the words I used in between them, thus..... "it is beginning to have a negative effect on my overall opinion of my fellow cyclists". Which is totally different to what you quoted.

Another misquote; just sayin'.
If you're going to use quotation marks, at least put the words I used in between them, thus..... "it is beginning to have a negative effect on my overall opinion of my fellow cyclists". Which is totally different to what you quoted.
With respect, inverted commas have several more uses in the English language, besides quoting directly your words. Just sayin.

Brandane

Legendary Member
With respect, inverted commas have several more uses in the English language, besides quoting directly your words. Just sayin.
Yep; it's all in the context. And in this context, with all due respect, I believe I am right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom