Diversity obligations gone mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well it would be impossible for us men to otherwise see bras and pants. Other shops, magazines or the internet of course. It sounds outrageous that I would be forced to see them. God knows how I'd control myself.

I'm surprised that more men haven't protested at the insulting and patronising characterisation of them as pervs.
You are welcome. It's all rather pathetic and schoolboyish.

Some people want to have a proper wash after a bike ride. Some ride harder than others. Some are sweatier then others. That is all irrespective of whether you are in shared changing rooms or single sex. If I didn't want people to see my leopard skin thong it wouldn't matter if it were other men or women. There are private cubicles if privacy is an issue. If not, getting changed or leaving up underwear in front of other people makes little difference which sex/gender they are.

It's like some people here have never been to a beach before.

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 4668451, member: 9609"]
Anyway I have never heard such nonsene folk needing to get showered before they start work (fair enough for pitmen at the end of a shift) but folk in offices wanting to get showered before work - sounds like a tax break for the wealthy, free hot water at work, should be taxed as a benefit-in-kind.[/QUOTE]
That's a very similar argument to the one used when a huge chunk of the NHS pensions were stolen by the government. Frankly, the op's wife should count herself lucky to have a job at all.

Blah blah Four Yorkshiremen blah blah.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
OK, here we go. This might not be the wisest thing to do on a strangely PC forum such as this, but IMHO employers should cater for the majority of their workforce, which in most cases will be a mix of male and female. They shouldn't be restricting those facilities and spending vast amounts of money to pander to the tiny minority who decide to mess with nature - but that's a whole new topic probably best discussed in you-know-where (which means I won't be taking part).
OK, here I go. First of all, there is no such thing as political correctness, its just a nasty way of repackaging empathy and the genuine good will to treat everybody equally, as some sort of travesty, so please stop using the term, because its not real. What do you think these people are; the people with gender issues, do you think that you're better than them because you're 'normal'? Do you think that they are beneath you, and that they deserve to be treated as less than you, because they are different? What do you think of people with autism or other conditions, they're different, are they less than you, too?

What about gay people, shall we start treating them as less than you, too? And why won't you discuss the issue, is it because when you start to think about it, its yawningly obvious how backwards thinking your opinions are?

Last edited:
It makes me kind of sad that some people have never been at a workplace that has laid on more for them that minimum required by law. Lots of workplaces do this; for example tea and coffee, espresso machines, showers (even with towels and lockers), proper cycle parking (or car parking), buses to nearest transport, pool tables, free catering, company meetings on the Mediterranean or Atlanta, pizza on Fridays, sponsoring athletic fundraisers, share options etc etc

They do this to make the workers happy, to keep them there for long hours, to make them not be interested in working somewhere else. And it does work.

That being said, I've been the beneficiary of many of the benefits above, but I have never been in a workplace that offered me a safe place to hang my damp underwear, except in the aforementioned locker. That really sounds entitled.

JoshM

My employer benefits financially from me commuting by bike after they moved us to a site with insufficient parking in the middle of no where and asked us to work at unsociable hours (I work 12 hour shifts 6.30-6.30 over all 7 days during the course of month) making public transport unfeasible.There's often not enough parking for all staff, and if those of us who actively commute turned to cars instead the problem would tip past the breaking point and start causing real problems.I commute 8.5 reasonably hilly miles to work and wouldn't feel comfortabld relying on deodorant to leave me fresh enough 14 hours after use so would probably buy a car for work.

Showering at work may be a 'saving' for me but it also saves my employer both a headache and the expense of extending the parking availiablity.

[QUOTE 4668577, member: 9609"]its an eye opener into how the privileged few live

.....some don't even have anywhere for women to give birth.[/QUOTE]

We do!

But not exclusively for staff, customers can use it too

Brandane

Legendary Member
OK, here I go. First of all, there is no such thing as political correctness, its just a nasty way of repackaging empathy and the genuine good will to treat everybody equally, as some sort of travesty, so please stop using the term, because its not real. What do you think these people are; the people with gender issues, do you think that you're better than them because you're 'normal'? Do you think that they are beneath you, and that they deserve to be treated as less than you, because they are different? What do you think of people with autism or other conditions, they're different, are they less than you, too?

What about gay people, shall we start treating them as less than you, too? And why won't you discuss the issue, is it because when you start to think about it, its yawningly obvious how backwards thinking your opinions are?
FFS; where to start with this nonsense :cursing:.
I'll start with the "do you think they are beneath you" issue. Show me where I have said, or even hinted, that people with gender differences are somehow below me? You obviously have your own agenda here. They are neither better or worse than me, if we take the gender issue alone. However they are DIFFERENT to the majority of society, of that there can be no argument. EVERYONE is different; in some way, myself included. Do I expect my employer to move heaven and earth to accommodate me? NO. I accept that I sometimes have to help myself by going about certain things in a way which are different to how other people might set about doing the same activity. If I can do it, with my condition (which I won't be disclosing as it is none of your, or anyone else's, feckin' business), then I don't see why people with gender issues cannot make adjustments and help themselves.

Now - as for why I won't discuss the issue; I didn't say that either. I said the issue was more suited to you know where, meaning SCP in case you hadn't managed to figure that one out. It's on my ignore nodes being a nasty cesspit of a place; and THAT is why I wouldn't discuss it over there. I'd forgotten that "Commuting" isn't much better.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I had all these problems but didn't moan about them. I just moved countries. Much better over here.

But if you are going to moan and whine and not do anything to sort the problems out. Dont come.

Milzy

Guru
I once worked in a factory who made structural steel. No heating what so ever and when the sun came up they turned all the lights out. Maybe that's why it was always a free bar and meal at the Christmas do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom