Diversity obligations gone mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The HSE does suggest that a single bog is only good for up to five women at a time.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/toilets.htm

snorri

Legendary Member
No the drying area that they are complaining about is for drying clothes - they don't want their shorts/bras etc pressed up amongst lots of disgustingly smelly men's kit. To say nothing of being freely available for close inspection by pervs.
It's one thing to dry outer clothes that have become soaked through in a rain storm on the way to work but to use the premises as a laundry is taking the p***.
Why can't they put soiled clothes into the bag they took their clean clothes in with?
It sounds as if some members of staff have been overstepping the mark and management is simply clamping down a bit.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've never heard of anyone taking a bra off at work and hanging it up.
Quite common in Amsterdam.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Depends upon the nature of your employment. I don't travel to work in a lab coat.
Obviously there are going to be some exceptions.
Otherwise this guy might end up with a whole train carriage to himself on the commute home:

_2000397.jpg

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Are we really all so expectant of being pandered to in every walk of life these days that we can reasonably expect our employers to supply changing facilities for all possible combinations of whatever mixed up genders are in existence in modern society?
So which genders should be catered for and which should not?

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
So inconveniencing dozens who currently use the showers and very likely putting many women off altogether is a necessary price for the few who might feel uncomfortable with the previous arrangements ? Not in my book.
So what makes one set of people more important than the other? Numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom