Diy failure.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Plank of wood of suitable size glued to wall with no more nails, with a huge surface area of adhesion you can hang a fair bit of weight, plug and screw at each end and the middle, allow 24hrs before using.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
It has a story this hanger.The owners of the flat put it up it fell off,it was put up again it fell off,my son had a go then i went from Leeds and mine fell off.Had i have known it's history i would have taken a longer drill bit longer rawl plugs and longer screws.That would have fixed it.Anyway enough now thread closed.

keithmac

Guru
If you've got a block behind deep hole, rawl plug knocked in with a long screw does the job.

I wouldn't hang anything of any weight off plasterboard personally.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Nip round to your nearest window company and ask if they'll sell you a few Fischer bolts. They fix windows in with them. You might even find them at B&Q or Screwfix.

icowden

Veteran
Personally I'd have concerns about using Fischer priced bolts... :laugh:

1582927990347.jpeg
1582928044315.jpeg

carlosfandangus

Über Member
This is one of the many reasons I hate modern houses and would never buy one myself.

I do understand your statement re older houses, however I live in a 35 year old timber framed house and almost everything is plasterboard, the choice of fixings is key.
I also own a 3 bedroom property that is made of Manx stone (150 years old), walls are 2 foot thick and getting a fix is so hit and miss, sometimes you hit a piece of stone that the drill wont easily penetrate or you hit mortar that will not take a fixing..... you have to make your choice of fixings wisely, some times i have had to take the plaster off, fit a wooden pad in the gaps of stone, fill then screw.

Top Bottom