Do all laptops take the same RAM?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Again, many thanks. Not quite sure what I'm looking for. Sorry to be such a dork. Is this it?
2wdr56r.jpg

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
This:
24grr84.jpg

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Hmmm. It's 667MHz. What was I thinking, oh yeah, the timings on that thing look a little out and it seems to think it's running single channel which is a tad peculiar.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Talk to a techy, it ends up in gibberish. Every time. Without fail.;)

Still, least I know which one to get now. Now to get it. Many thanks.

marinyork

Good time to upgrade what with memory the way it is. You run XP? Should be quite nippy on 2Gb although 1Gb is all right.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
Hmmm. It's 667MHz. What was I thinking, oh yeah, the timings on that thing look a little out and it seems to think it's running single channel which is a tad peculiar.
Incidentally, what was it that told you it was 667MHz? I was looking for that (or 533), but couldn't find it on any of the tabs. Just out of interest/for future reference. Thanks.

marinyork

That slot 1 had in it something that had a maximum bandwidth of 333Mhz. The best place to really look if you want to do this sort of thing in future is the Bios. Usually you press F10, Escape or Del and it takes you in. On most PCs it used to tell you how much ram you had in (the ram check on boot up) and what speed, now they don't tend to so you have to look in the bios directly. Not really needed unless you want to overclock it and there's little point doing that in a laptop.

Top Bottom