Do bin men deserve a pension ??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Woke up to sound of the bin men this morn. Heard the lorry then heard one of the boneheads shout "if it's not on the pavement, don't take it". I had left my bin 3 inches from the pavement so it was technically on my drive and the miserable buggers didn't empty it. Not to be outdone by a council worker I ran downstairs in my jim jams and wheeled my bin to the next street that hadn't been done. Took the dog out later and wheeled my empty bin back home.

Result! 1-0 to the hard working, accommodating, customer focused private sector worker and in your face to the hairy-arsed, selfish, jobs-worth, bin-emptying, miserable peanut (who also managed to leave a trail of rubbish in the middle of the road)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Are you sure that it was a council worker and not an ex-council worker now employed by a private sector company?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I recall my farther telling me about an issue he had once.

The bin men hadn't taken our rubbish, so he rang the council. Speaking to the lady on the other end of the line, it was clear he wasn't getting anywhere. He knew the address of our mayor and told the council worker that he would dump our rubbish on the front lawn of that address. She asked why that was an issue to her, he replied 'It's the address of the local mayor'. Our rubbish was shortly picked up.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Don't know if it's a different circus but it's the same clown.......I'm still paying £170 a month for the lazy bleeders not to empty it.

I wouldn't call getting out of bed and dragging your bin into the next street a victory.

Your private vs public sector sentiments all fall apart if the clowns have been outsourced.....

Our bin men were meant to come today according to the literature that they posted. They came last Saturday instead. I heard them from my bed and didn't even bother to verify that the bin wagon type noise was indeed the bin men at work. I had better things to do.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I wouldn't call getting out of bed and dragging your bin into the next street a victory.

Your private vs public sector sentiments all fall apart if the clowns have been outsourced.....

Our bin men were meant to come today according to the literature that they posted. They came last Saturday instead. I heard them from my bed and didn't even bother to verify that the bin wagon type noise was indeed the bin men at work. I had better things to do.
It felt like a victory to me - A kind of "Falling Down" moment .

I had better things to do too - sleep. They woke me up and to add insult to injury I heard one of them order his hoppo not to take our bin. Then they leave a load of rubbish strewn down the road and all the bins they had bothered to empty were left all over the place.

It might not get on your tits but it gets on my tits and as I pay my council tax to the council then I blame the council for the shite service and if they substitute shite council workers with shite sub-contractors then I still blame the council and their shite service level agreements. I bet the peanuts would have stepped onto my drive to accept a Christmas tip.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
the season of peace and goodwill to all men ^_^

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
[QUOTE 1656722, member: 45"]Is that all your council tax pays for?? You should move.[/quote]

The bin "service" is the only portion of my council tax that I actually use. Been burgled twice, Police were useless. Never had a fire but I know I contribute to firemen putting car fires out and practising pool and driving their engines around the city centre on sunny days "bird" watching and then I pay their pension after just 25 years "work".

I've totted it all up and that's..........£170 to get my bin emptied.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Why didn't you put the bin on the pavement anyway?

Having said that, we frequently go beyond our rules to fetch recycling boxes from paths or doorsteps, or fish the recyclables out of a box laced with general rubbish (mouldy pizza or bagged dog poo anyone?). Some domestic boneheads appear to be congenitally unable or unwilling to read and understand a simple leaflet....

Zoiders

Don't know if it's a different circus but it's the same clown.......I'm still paying £170 a month for the lazy bleeders not to empty it.
Different circus - about 8 grand a year less in pay than it used to be.

The bins being the only well paid council job the middle class left did not want they decided to downgrade it to the point of worthlessness - I am fairly certain they will be offering an "aprenticeship" in bin emptying next.

Why doesn't the OP express his distaste to the bin men in person?

Tell them exactly how little he think's of the people who clean up his shoot?

ELL

Über Member
So you cant be bothered to put your bin out properly and your neighbours over fill the bins or don't fill them properly and its the binmens fault?

Take it you didn't think they are extra busy this time of year with having to fit a weeks collection where most houses probably have double the amount of rubbish into a couple of days. People like you only make the job longer and they want to get home to their families. All this because you cant be bothered to or are to thick to put your bins out properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom