Do bin men deserve a pension ??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

How would my "laziness" or even forgetfulness be paid for by everyone else when I pay for my bin to be emptied. Pillock.
you pay for your bin to be collected from the pavement. you were too lazy to put it there. if you want your bin to be collected from your drive that costs more.
Stop blaming others for your laziness.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
So you cant be bothered to put your bin out properly and your neighbours over fill the bins or don't fill them properly and its the binmens fault?

Yes. You've got it.

iLB

Hello there
1656776 said:
This is going to require pictures
slow day...

12615079.jpg

Zoiders

Being on the bins used to be a job where being strong, fast and fit paid off as you could rip into it every day to clear your round and then hide in the pub for the afternoon. It also used to be the case that they would chuck anything in the back of the wagon if you asked nicely.

These days there is no incentive for them to be flexable or hard working as it simply does not pay, there's no money in it any more, no knocking off early, a complete minefield of endless legislation that can get you sacked on the job - this all on top of a large middle section of society who sneer at them.

Society gets the bin service it deserves.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
and if you don't like the way your local government is handling the way they utilise that public investment, do something about it... its the public sector after all.

What can I do about it ? The problem with the public sector is precisely that - there is no competition, no choice - we can't vote with our feet, hence expensive services, shite service.

U

User482

What can I do about it ? The problem with the public sector is precisely that - there is no competition, no choice - we can't vote with our feet, hence expensive services, shite service.
I see you're still blaming others for your inability to follow a simple instruction.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Will there be a flounce?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Being on the bins used to be a job where being strong, fast and fit paid off as you could rip into it every day to clear your round and then hide in the pub for the afternoon. It also used to be the case that they would chuck anything in the back of the wagon if you asked nicely.

These days there is no incentive for them to be flexable or hard working as it simply does not pay, there's no money in it any more, no knocking off early, a complete minefield of endless legislation that can get you sacked on the job - this all on top of a large middle section of society who snear at them.

Society gets the bin service it deserves.

I believe our council bin men are still on task-and-finish (get job done, go home). An incentive to work fast, but a disincentive to take care over spillages etc. We're a charity contracted to the council, and paid to work the day, so no matter how soon we are done, we find other work to do.

I think we benefit in terms of customer attitude from our unusual collection methods (electric truck and Maximus load trikes), and most people can see how hard we work (especially pedalling the trikes, and we never missed a collection through last winter despite the weather). There are still those who treat us with disdain of course. I'm often amused to add up the number of degrees the team has on any given day though - three of us have 5 degrees between us...

People would soon notice if we didn't have people prepared to empty bins, sweep the streets etc. Far more important to society than a lot of 'professions'.

U

User482

If you re-read the quote you quoted, there is no blame attached to it at all.

Attention to detail darling. Please
You are blaming the council for a poor and expensive service, when in fact, the only problem here is your laziness. Either that, or an inability to follow a simple instruction.

Do you get out much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom