Do bin men deserve a pension ??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I'm going to report them anyway - not for not emptying my bin at the edge of my driveway but for emptying my bin on the next street. My bin is clearly marked with number 51 and I had left it outside number 2. Assuming they can read, surely there must be a rule that they shouldn't ever empty a bin from a street they have already serviced when it has so clearly been wheeled illegally to that street by me.

Am I right ?

Night Train

Maker of Things
TBH I think that if a person wants a refuse collector to do that bit extra to collect a bin from a drive then it wouldn't be wrong for the refuse collector to expect the householder to do that bit extra and place the bin where they are allowed, in their contract, to collect it from.

But seriously, if they have contributed to their pensions then they should have a pension regardless of whether the customer/client has met their own side of the contract.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'm going to report them anyway - not for not emptying my bin at the edge of my driveway but for emptying my bin on the next street. My bin is clearly marked with number 51 and I had left it outside number 2. Assuming they can read, surely there must be a rule that they shouldn't ever empty a bin from a street they have already serviced when it has so clearly been wheeled illegally to that street by me.

Am I right ?
I could have a chat with my contact at your local authority office and they could then remove your bin completely for it being placed by you in a different street for collection.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Judging by the determination in his voice when he spoke to his colleague I've half a mind to think the new Audi Q7 4.2 TDI S-Line on my drive might have had something to do with my bins non-collection.

U

User482

1656818 said:
Yes, I expect that you probably are although if you had done it properly and put it outside 51 that would have been OK. User might be able to find the actual law involved here.
Section 34 of part 2 of the Environmental Protection Act (1990) places a general duty of care to keep waste within your control.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Judging by the determination in his voice when he spoke to his colleague I've half a mind to think the new Audi Q7 4.2 TDI S-Line on my drive might have had something to do with my bins non-collection.

I have to ask....

Is brokenflipflop aka Bonj?

U

User482

Quite right. Until seeing your car, the binman merely suspected that you were a selfish egotist.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I give my bin men beer every xmas. Throughout the year, they take absolutely everything from my place, in the correct bag or not, including kitchen worktops for which I was expecting to have to arrange a special collection. I suspect this may not be coincidence. :-)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Arch, was it only five degrees in York last week? It was at least 12 degrees down here. :scratch:

Ha. ha. ha....

It's been postively mild this year so far. Last year, I found out that nasal hair freezes at -15...

Personally I wouldn't know an Audi Q7 4.2 TDI S-Line from any other anodyne modern car, still less have an opinion on it.

Except that I gather Audi is the new BMW when it comes to the drivers often being... what's the word they use on Top Gear? Chickens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom