Do I dare ask on a UK site? Tea or Tisane? Or Caf vs herbal/decaf?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have a cup of tea when i get up and then about 4 cups/mugs of coffee in the day. My morning (sometimes it's afternoon when i get up:whistle:) tea has to have the bag soaked for about 7 minutes to get all that caffeine out the bag, into the water! Caffeine free tea and coffee to me are like non alcoholic beer. What's the point of them?!🧐

I have a cup of tea when i get up and then about 4 cups/mugs of coffee in the day. My morning (sometimes it's afternoon when i get up:whistle:) tea has to have the bag soaked for about 7 minutes to get all that caffeine out the bag, into the water! Caffeine free tea and coffee to me are like non alcoholic beer. What's the point of them?!🧐

If someone likes the flavour of tea, coffee, beer etc but doesn't want or can't have the alcohol or caffeine, the 'non-X' one gives an approximate sense of the flavour, certainly more so than would a fizzy pop or plain water.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If someone likes the flavour of tea, coffee, beer etc but doesn't want or can't have the alcohol or caffeine, the 'non-X' one gives an approximate sense of the flavour, certainly more so than would a fizzy pop or plain water.
Fair point. I drink tea,coffee and beer for the 'affect'. If you can enjoy the taste without the affect than then why not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Ah now, condensed milk is a different thing again ... I remember, must be well over 50 years ago, you used to be able to get a tube of stuff which was a mixture of condensed milk and instant coffee. Squeeze a big sticky blob of it into a mug, fill with boiling water and there you had a rough (very rough!) approximation of hot sweet milky coffee!
Even better, ignore the kettle and the mug, and just squeeze a large helping out onto a spoon and eat straight, like a semi-liquid coffee fudge!
Oh, now that sounds good!

classic33

Leg End Member
There's alcohol in water!!

Top Bottom