Do I have a problem with my credit rating? something weird is going on. any advice appreciated.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is the answer in the first line of your first post. You "don't do credit", which means they have no way of checking you.

Curry's(DSG) were infamous at one time for this. No credit history, no credit extended.
But I wasn't asking for credit.....just to pay it by card.....only way to pay online. Also, Currys didnt let me get as far as card details......

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is it by chance a Nat West / RBS card ?
No, as per my post its M&S Mastercard

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Call your credit card company and ask, clearly the transactions have been flagged for some reason.
Can’t see what it has to do with your credit rating as you already have the credit on the card :crazy:

Assume you have checked the balance on your card and that it’s not been robbed?
As I said, i phoned M&s bank this morning. Nothing dodgy showing.
Also, currys rejected the transaction before any card details could be added.

L Q

Über Member
If you have no credit and no credit history you are obviously a dodgy character. Everyone is up their eyes in debt or so the credit agencies think.
If you have a credit card then you have a credit history.

Very few people have zero credit history.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you have a credit card then you have a credit history.

Very few people have zero credit history.
You must be technically correct though I mean I have never bought anything on tick and my card is paid off every month.

vickster

Legendary Member
You must be technically correct though I mean I have never bought anything on tick and my card is paid off every month.
Did you never have a mortgage?

And you’re technically borrowing money every month from the credit card company, albeit on a short term basis :okay:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I recently binned off one of my 2 credit cards. I hadn't used it in a while and there was no balance on it, so couldn't see the point of having a potential fraud risk just laying about. With its passing my financial situation has not changed by a single penny, but my credit rating dropped by 13 points because of it. Just daft.

johnblack

Über Member
Could be a CIFAS warning against the address, doesn't even have to be against your name. Could be a Hunter match, again, unlikely against you. But some credit companies just decline rather than check out the validity because it's cheaper.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Could be a CIFAS warning against the address, doesn't even have to be against your name. Could be a Hunter match, again, unlikely against you. But some credit companies just decline rather than check out the validity because it's cheaper.
But I wasn't asking for credit.
I was trying to pay up front with a master card.

Top Bottom