do i need a real bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Of _course_ you need a real bike - the imaginary ones don't take up enough space :-)

Sharky

Guru
I bet these small wheels go quite quick
Screenshot_20210720_202212.jpg

I've taken the name of the rider off. I was surprised when I saw who it was.
A bonus point if you can work out who it is.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have ridden across Bulgaria on my Brompton, a lot of it off road. I could have done it more comfortably on my MTB or gravel bike and probably a lot faster. However, getting the Brompton on trains, buses, ferries, aeroplanes is far easier that a DF bike. Riding long distances on it is not a problem at all.

Its horses for courses. You are not going to keep up with the peleton on the Brompton. But with the gearing on my 6 speed Brompton, I can get a really good workout, if thats what I want to do.

I have 8 bikes. It is probably 5 bikes too many. Going down the multiple bike route is a very slippery slope as many people on here will tell you. ^_^

You do not need another bike. You just want one. ^_^

@tinywheels the folder has wheels it's a bike and you enjoy it you don't need another bike but n+1 and all that :okay:

I have two other bikes,one in bits and one in need of some hard to find parts.
I was a real boy once!
started out at the dawn of mountain biking, although I had road bikes as a youth.

as for the cat he's a whizz round the house,conversational skills are not his forte either View attachment 600222
How about reassembling one bike for a start. When you say hard to get parts are we talking bike specific or a case of parts of the brakes or gears so just replace the set ?

Top Bottom