Do I need another Cervelo??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stalagmike

Enormous member
No you don't need it. Buy one for me instead. I'm skint. But that's my fault for working in the public sector I suppose.

OP
OP
Evenflow

Evenflow

I think think tire is old English which tends to be used in American and Canadian spelling, probably historical.
Color for Colour is another example.

According to Cervelo:-

Moving the bottom bracket closer to the ground lowers the bike’s centre of gravity, improving stability and handling. Longer chainstays, a shallower headtube angle and additional fork rake increase trail and boost tire clearance, allowing for a wider range of tire sizes and room for a fender. All of this also produces a very stable, smooth and reliable ride.

Longer chain stays yes, curved maybe makes a bit more flexible , not quite sure. It certainly rides well.

The longer chain stays are for increasing the wheelbase, the lower BB is fairly typical of a gravel / adventure bike ( which always struck me as odd) as you Lower the centre of gravity ( good for stability) but decrease the ground clearance ( bad for rough stuff ) which is what I thought 'Gravel / adventure bikes' were all about. I'm guessing the bowed out seat stays increase clearance, for fatter tyres.

Top Bottom