Do I need to bleed the brakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kajjal

Guru
Thanks, I have tried pulling lever with the bike at 45degree angle downwards this morning and that has improved quite a lot maybe 80% back to what it was. Have ordered the epic kit , so will try the top up first before full bleed. From the youtube videos i've watched to try remedy it deffinitely looks like air has got into the tube.
The first time you do get someone to help you as it can be a job that needs 3 hands unless you have a bike stand to secure the bike to :hugs:

OP
OP
D

dan1977

Fixed this morning in about 30-40mins. The Epic kit was really good, managed to remove all the air bubbles via the tube attached to the bleed nipple and kept topping up funnel until all the air bubbles had disappeared. Put the pads back in, wheel back on sorted. Back to 100% :smile:

Mike_P

Guru
Watched a Youtube video on bleeding brakes by gravity by filling up the cup with oil, fitting it to the lever assembly, removing the plug, tube on the brake nipple, nut undone. Seems a lot simpler than faffing around with syringes but surely it would be even easier if the cup was fitted to the lever assembly with the plug removed and then the oil put in or am I missing something?

Top Bottom